Japanese thinline on ebay

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by singular, Apr 4, 2008.

1. singular

singular Member

spotted this CIJ thinline on ebay and thought,wow looks great,until i looked closer and saw the humbucker had no fender logo on it.the tag hanging on the neck also looks like "crafted in japan" has been photo-shopped onto it (badly), or am i just imagining it?im not familiar with the Jap versions but to me this looks like a real scam. "thinline special telecaster" sounds laughable to me,real or fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120242559937&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

2. Robert1950

Robert1950 Member

This guy is well known Japanese eBay guy. Check the feedback.

3. ChmpgnSupernover

ChmpgnSupernover Member

The tag is not photoshopped on there, to the best of my knowledge. If you look at the picture that shows the close up on the headstock/bottom half of the neck along with a nice shot of the tag you can see pretty clearly and it doesn't looked 'shopped at all.

4. singular

singular Member

of course, the feedback.
    thank you,sorry its late here and i didnt know whether to be excited about the guitar or sceptical.thank you.

5. singular

singular Member

my mistake, there was just something about it when i looked first seemed odd.

6. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

The first step to getting a guitar cheap on ebay is convincing everyone else that its fake and a ripoff ;)

7. woof*

woof* Member

he is a very well known japan ebayer. i've purchased guitars from him and he's always been honest and a fast shipper.

8. HRydarcik

HRydarcik Member

Tak at Katana guitars is very cool...you won't have any issues in dealing with him.

9. Speed_Racer71

Speed_Racer71 Member

bought my Edwards Lp from him..fast shipping and the guitar was packed very well. took me a while to cut all the bubble wrap off

10. singular

singular Member

thanks guys,its much appreciated.i wish id just known of this guy before i bought a MIM thinline,gonna see if i can sell it and go the Japanese route.

11. biggreen

biggreen Member

sorry, wrong post

12. got tone

got tone Member

and he always seems to get the cool, odd-ball, one of a kind's. He must spend a lot a time finding these jems (prob why he never answers emails). I've come close to buying one of his - many times! No worries with this guy.