Jared Leto's Joker Revealed for Suicide Squad Film

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by CrackTheSkye, Apr 24, 2015.

1. CrackTheSkye

CrackTheSkye Member

With the upcoming film Suicide Squad (2016) comes a new Joker and many comic book fans have anxiously been awaiting a glimpse at how Jared Leto will portray the character. A picture of Leto as the Joker was revealed earlier today and it's pretty disappointing to say the least. Living up to Ledger's or even Nicholson's Joker will be tough and based on this teaser, I'm not sure Leto can pull it off. Im more interested in how Margot Robbie will look as Harleigh Quinn :love:

What say you?

[​IMG]

2. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

That's pretty disturbing. Probably shouldn't have eaten all that candy though.

This movie is going to be PG13? Good luck with that.

Also, looks pretty familiar:

[​IMG]

3. Carltone

Carltone Gold Supporting Member

There are many versions of the joker depicted in the comics... None of them have to live up to anything...
    I don't understand what the big deal is with this. no actor can ever deliver the breadth of character in the books.
    They can only present a take on it.
    Enjoy it for what it is

dead of night likes this.
  4. lendryesky

lendryesky Supporting Member

My future mother-in-law had an encounter with him at an airport. He was pushing through everybody in line, and she stopped him and asked what he was doing. His reply: "You don't understand, I'm Jared Leto."

My future mother-in-law said to him that she didn't care who he was and he had to wait in line like a normal person.

5. Jason_77

Jason_77 Member

He's no Cesar Romero.

smiert spionam likes this.
  6. daveg777

daveg777 Member

Josh, you're acerbic wit knows no bounds! Ha!

Look, Leto is quite talented and I do believe his performance will be intense and memorable. Hopefully he doesn't give a crap about previous portrayals of Joker
    and just kills it. I am certainly curious.

Dave

7. jcmark611

jcmark611 Member

Mark Hamill nails it.

8. JSharp3180

JSharp3180 Member

I agree that Mark Hamill nails it.

Heath Ledger turned in a brilliant and unforgettable performance.

Jared Leto has the potential to live up to both of these guys, and I really believe he'll steal the movie.

9. mmolteratx

mmolteratx Member

Looks like a wannabe 90s era gangsta rapper.

10. newking70

newking70 Member

looks like marilyn manson.

11. forum_crawler

forum_crawler Member

Too cartoonish I think. Maybe he will make it work.
    The reason Heath Ledger was so successful is that he made it real... A crazy person with badly smeared make up, like someone from kiss partied too hard the night before to clean the makeup off his face before going to bed. It was raw, it was... Possible.

This one looks silly. The haha tattoos look dumb.

12. lestera34

lestera34 Supporting Member

Reminds me of Keith Flint of The Prodigy.

13. HRM

HRM Member

Interesting. I was extremely skeptical of Ledger when I first heard of his casting and then was pleasantly blown away... I'm more than willing to provide Leto similar benefit of the doubt.

14. Jason Calieri

Jason Calieri Silver Supporting Member

15. partytrain

partytrain Member

Wether Leto pulls it off or not (based on the picture, I'm not hopeful), this whole thing has been some of the worst viral marketing. All the #whereisjared Instagram photos and "leaks" have been such a poor attempt at building a positive buzz.

16. steve13281

steve13281 Member

I too was apprehensive about the casting of Ledger. As a long time Batman fan I've been a Joker fan since reading "The Killing Joke". When the first pic of Ledger was released I started to come around that he might do all right. Then the teaser trailer with just the Jokers voice over convinced me he was going to be great and he was. I personally think Ledger's performance as the Joker in The Dark Knight is the quintessential Joker on film.

This picture of Leto as the Joker is BS. I'm calling him the Hot Topic Joker. I too think he looks like Marilyn Manson. Basically he's the tatted up emo/goth version of the Joker. I didn't think I could like Jared Leto less but I was wrong. Also I find the whole concept of a "suicide squad" movie rather stupid. I also dislike Harley Quinn.

Said with the comic guys voice "worst movie ever"!

17. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

Wow - disappointing fail.
    Agree with the 'Hot Topic Joker' and gangster/emo/goth references. And what's with the tattoos?? I could see Joker having unexplainable scars rather than cliché 'disturbed' ink. Just trying way too hard. I'd bet money someone else 'designed' him.

Put the purple suit/white shirt/purple gloves on, then get back to us. Hair's a bit too short/combed, too.

18. CrackTheSkye

CrackTheSkye Member

O yea I highly doubt Leto was in control of this monstrosity. He just does what he's told I'm sure.

I'm not saying he can't be a good joker (acting wise) but it's going to be hard to apprexiate the performance based on the appearance.

I've read numerous things about the tattoos claiming that they are just penciled on drawings from prison or that we'll only see them maybe once and then he'll have his suit on to cover them up. Based on the first leaked photo of Leto's Joker, he is very well covered up in a signature suit look.

[​IMG]

19. MoPho

MoPho International Man of Leisure Silver Supporting Member

He looks like he has a-hole written on his forehead. He reminds me of one of those full size cardboard images you see in grocery stores hawking beer. His handler brings him along an props him up at whatever star studded event is happening and everyone asks who the hell is that.

20. yellowecho

yellowecho Member

I'd LOVE to see Hamill play the Joker in real life. His recent role in The Flash as the Trickster was on point.. his Joker would be epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk