• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Jason Lollar Humbuckers - very happy!

maplebaby

I already had some Lollar tele pups - these are my first humbuckers. The man do know how to wind the wire. Any other Lollar users here? In this video I'm using neck PU with tone rolled down about half through a Headstrong Lil King amp (Princeton Clone). Thanks for watching and listening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFnqADIRaZo

voojo

I am not a huge fan of Jazz music, but that sounded great! Nice playing, and what great, clear sounding humbuckers. The guitar looks beautiful too. I plan on getting some Lollar Special Ts for my Tele some day. Thanks for sharing!

Seth

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Really like the way you Chordl Melodied Dale ..
Wow, what a BIG tone from those Lollars ...
Great interpretation ...

Used to back up a French Chanson years ago, who sang this in her native language...
From what I can remember the song has some ususal twists ...

Woodyworld

Oo another crackin clip.

love them voicings. Not heard of lollars before- that's one for the Gear memory banks

cheesey

i put lollar imperials in my les paul along with an rs kit, awesome is the word!
beautiful clip, you are an amazing player!

slopeshoulder

I have the same guitar (mine's red).
Nice arrangement and many nice subtleties in your attack and phrasing. Well done!

maplebaby

Thanks all for watching and your very kind comments! Much apprecited.

Slopeshoulder - how long have you had yours? any comments about it?

cheesy - I'm a fan of RS as well, in fact I used to live in the same city and stopped by the shop often, great guys and Roy is amazing - I bet you LP sounds great - thanks for sharing!

james russell

Cool arrangement and really smooth playing. Thanks. What is the wind on those Lollars? Low? Standard? A set of Imperials is on my shopping list.

James

mrmojorisin

I use only Lollars now in all my guitars. Both his Imperials and P90's are the ****. And I have tried EVERYTHING know to man. Only other pups that come close to my ears are the Harmonic Designs.

The Imperials have a very interesting characteristic when pushed hard. You can get a very "percussive" sound, that I didnt think was possible from a humbucker, rather only a P90.

In fact I was a pure P90 guy before I found the Imperials, having sworn off that more "mushy" HB tone. But then the Imperials got me back on the HB path again. Now I am split about 50/50 between HB guitars and P90 guitars, but I am 100% Lollar at this point.

Top Bottom