Jay Mitchell IRs

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by snooze, May 22, 2015.

1. snooze

snooze Member

Hi all,

In my quest for the "best" IRs I tried one from Jay Mitchell found on the Internet. At first I found it too "thin" and "narrow" until I played it with other instruments and realized it was sitting in the mix perfectly. It shows again the importance of trying gears against other instruments in a band context.

So my question is: are Jay Mitchell's IRs available somewhere? Can we buy them?

I'm having fun with my Amplifire and would like to try more IRs from him since they seems pretty good!

Thanks,

Snooze

2. Promit

Promit Member

Jay is an active long time member here, so I'm sure you'll have your answer very shortly.

Lawless33 likes this.
  3. partytrain

partytrain Member

I use his fender iR with the deluxe model in my Amplifire. It's perfect to my ears.

4. snooze

snooze Member

It's the one I'm using. The matched one is too boomy. I had to add a highpass filter to make the matched one sound good with the band. But even with this tweak, the one from Jay Mitchell sounds much better.

5. snooze

snooze Member

6. thrashmetl

thrashmetl Member

7. snooze

snooze Member

I tried but it is blocked.

8. MoPho

MoPho International Man of Leisure Silver Supporting Member

9. Jay Mitchell

Jay Mitchell Member

I don't sell IRs at present and have no plans to do so in the near future. A few weeks ago, I shared two IRs in Amplifire format, a Fender one and a Marshall one. I have now taken them down from my website and don't have time to upload them again and provide links. I suggest you ask for someone who downloaded them earlier to share them with you. If I post them (or others) in the future, I will place that information in a response to this thread.

10. snooze

snooze Member

11. chrisjnyc

chrisjnyc Member

Anyone have the link the Jay's Marshall IR?

12. AdInfinitum

AdInfinitum Member

I have both. PM me and I will email them, but who ever gets them has to,the pm pass the, along to the next person (assuming JM is ok with this distribution). For some reason, I cannot get these files to post here.

sprettster likes this.
  13. snooze

snooze Member

14. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

Thanks go to @AdInfinitum (and @Jay Mitchell of course). I missed the Marshall IR when Jay posted it but AdInfinitum hooked me up so I could share with y'all.

15. BuffDriver

BuffDriver Member

Yahoo!! Thanks aleclee.

16. Jay Mitchell

Jay Mitchell Member

I would be interested in hearing back from the folks who try either or both of thiese IRs.

Lawless33 likes this.
  17. JoeB63

JoeB63 Supporting Member

Hi Jay. I loaded up your Fender and Marshall IRs on my Amplifire. The Fender IR sounds great - very, uh, Fendery with the Deluxe amp model. I tried the Marshall IR, replacing the Redwirez Marshall/Greenback IR I was using with my "Plexi" patch, and I didn't like it as much as the RW IR. I didn't have time to tweak things from there.

Thanks for putting those out there.

18. Jay Mitchell

Jay Mitchell Member

That's not terribly surprising. At a minimum, you would have to adjust the amp controls for a new IR, just as you would for a different cab. I would be interested in hearing your perception of the differences, however.

19. riffy

riffy Member

Those IRs of the Gold you did were awesome!

20. hippietim

hippietim Silver Supporting Member

As soon as I have some time I want to experiment with some IRs with the Amplifire. I have to say I am unpleasantly surprised at the sound of the factory IRs and the CLR. The Amplifire sounds better through the Power Engine - my working assumption is that it is the IRs since I had a similar experience with the Spacestation speaker. And I have never had the PE sound better than the CLR before. I will definitely give a Jays IRs a shot.