JayLeonardJ Appreciation Thread

Smashies

Platinum Supporting Member
So....call me blasphemous, but as far as YouTube demos go, PGS Andy has someone new that may be giving him a run for his money.

Enter: JayLeonardJ. Dude has mad chops, but he still lets the pedals shine where they do best, if you ask me. Talks about as much as Andy does, which is good/bad depending on how you feel about that. I personally think he gives good evaluations.

Here's from his JHS week, where he reviewed all 7 new JHS pedal versions:

Morning Glory v4:

Pollinator v2:

Pulp n Peel v4:

Twin Twelve v2:

Superbolt v2:

DewieCox

Silver Supporting Member
His Muffuletta demo pushed me over the edge. Cool pedal, even cooler demo.

His enthusiasm could sell a dog turd. I could see where some are put off a little, but it seems genuine and he never comes off as too cool.

Smashies

His Muffuletta demo pushed me over the edge. Cool pedal, even cooler demo.

His enthusiasm could sell a dog turd. I could see where some are put off a little, but it seems genuine and he never comes off as too cool.
How could I forget that demo. That was the first one I saw him do!

jota

Great player but that tele always sounds too trebly! And I usually like bright sounds!
What amp is he using, anyone knows?

Smashies

Great player but that tele always sounds too trebly! And I usually like bright sounds!
What amp is he using, anyone knows?
Legit concern. That tele is a great one though--covers a lot of ground, albeit on the brighter side. Perhaps we'll see him throw in some different guitars in future demos--hopefully with some humbuggies or P90s. And yeah, a statement of what amp he's using for (a gorgeous) clean tone would be cool.

JayLeonardJ

Wow, I am incredibly late to this party, but what a treat it is to fall into this thread!

Thanks to all of you guys who take the time to come in and watch the demos; it is a LOT of work and it is great to know that there are a few out there that really appreciate it.

Yup, my old Tele demos are definitely brighter than most: goes to show what sounds amazing in the band mix doesn't necessarily sound the best on it's own. However, I have been capturing my audio a little differently lately and there are lots more guitars in the rotation.

Feel free to drop by the page anytime and check out a vid :)

Jay.

PS - all my early vids were with a Fender Princeton NR

Last edited:

coltonius

Señor Member
Wow, I am incredibly late to this party, but what a treat it is to fall into this thread!

Thanks to all of you guys who take the time to come in and watch the demos; it is a LOT of work and it is great to know that there are a few out there that really appreciate it.

Yup, my old Tele demos are definitely brighter than most: goes to show what sounds amazing in the band mix doesn't necessarily sound the best on it's own. However, I have been capturing my audio a little differently lately and there are lots more guitars in the rotation.

Feel free to drop by the page anytime and check out a vid :)

Jay.

PS - all my early vids were with a Fender Princeton NR
I love your enthusiasm in the demos, man. Keep rocking!

Empros

There's a demo he does where he's demoing an acoustic.. can't remember which, but that's one of the best YouTube gear demos I've seen!

Great player.

Trending Topics