• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Jazz artists using Classical guitars...

Turbo Gerbil

which jazz recording artists use classical guitars for Jazz? I think a nylon stringer can have a great sound for jazz.

McLaughlin and Di Meola, obviously. Who else?

Pascal

John Scofield

Also: Pat Metheny, Sylvain Luc, Nelson Veras, Lenny Breau, Sam Brown, Ralph Towner, Joe Pass, Mick Goodrick, Brandon Ross, Ed Cherry, Lionel Loueke, Earl Klugh, Ulf Wakenius, Robben Ford, Bireli Lagrene... the list might be endless.

james russell

Gold Supporting Member
Pat Metheny
Kenny Burrell

Jazz on a nylon string is a sweet thing. There's something about nylon string tone that gets in your heart and won't ever leave. Just beautiful.

Turbo Gerbil

maybe I need to say using nylong string as their main instrument. Tons of people have used them off and on.

ekamal

Joe Pass used nylon string for quite a while, during the Virtuoso albums period perhaps?

Earl Klugh only plays nylon string guitars too.

jb70

Silver Supporting Member
ralph towner, lionel loueke, romero lubambo and nelson veras

Average Joe

Sylvain Luc on one of those Godin thinline nylonstrings. One of the most impressive display of chops I've had the fortune to see live

shg

Just because it has nylon strings that doesn't mean it's a classical guitar.

pbmw

Joe Pass used nylon string for quite a while, during the Virtuoso albums period perhaps?

Earl Klugh only plays nylon string guitars too.

I was just going to mention Earl Klugh.
What a nice guy...

Hecube

which jazz recording artists use classical guitars for Jazz? I think a nylon stringer can have a great sound for jazz.

McLaughlin and Di Meola, obviously. Who else?

Huge Mclaughlin fan of that period of his. I think he made his best music then.

I want to add that I feel this kind of ensemble (fretless bass, exotic percussions and nylong-string guitar) is in the same class as a string quartet. It's an exquisite sound. I'd like to do something like that in my life.

Last edited:

msr13

Gene Bertoncini is one of the greats. H.ere he is doing What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life.

Trending Topics