• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Jazzguitar.be is off-line?

SamBooka

it has been a couple of days now. Looks like a technical glitch but I've seen that when the plug gets pulled on the hosting as well. Anyone have any news?

deytookerjaabs

Silver Supporting Member
Uh oh, where am I going to find out just how superior solid tops are?

../jk

Who knows, sucks if it is permanent. In the end, no matter how much community is built up, someone still owns the thing and can pull the plug whenever if need be.

ecm1117

They sent out an email to members this morning:

Yesterday, an unusual amount of visitors caused the JGO forum's server to crash. After talking to our host's support, we came to the conclusion that we have to move to a bigger and faster server, and that's what we are working on now...

The bad news is the migration to the new server can take as long as 24 hours, the good news is that the new server will be faster and more reliable! I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I'll let you know when we are online again.

Hopefully it'll back up and running soon.

mojo jones

Had a hilarious time there once when I tried to explain string feel as it relates to tailpieces; and could have used Steve Kimock and his brilliant word "compliance", which is what I was trying to say, but the villagers with the torches and pitchforks chanting "tension" got there first. Good times ... good times.

derekd

Gold Supporting Member
I was a moderator there for a handful of years.

Dirk, the guy who owns it, is a great guy. Wonderful site for all things jazz guitar.

Average Joe

It's a very informative site that I lurk on all the time. The members have a lot of knowledge between them. Hope it's up again soon

SamBooka

They sent out an email to members this morning:

Yesterday, an unusual amount of visitors caused the JGO forum's server to crash. After talking to our host's support, we came to the conclusion that we have to move to a bigger and faster server, and that's what we are working on now....

I did flag a bunch of spam posts this week.. wonder if the spambots have taken over..

wildschwein

Server migration is under way there. It's a great site -- I hang out there to actually learn to play guitar better. Very knowledgable people onboard and you get email links to lessons all the time which I really dig.

Last edited:

wildschwein

Some email platforms may put some of the messages into your spam folder. I noticed this happening on Gmail -- I was getting some messages from the site and others where in the junk section.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom