• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Jazzmaster that fits this profile?

Always-Ben

Silver Supporting Member
Hello,

I'm looking for a Jazzmaster that has:

1) A neck with 1.68 width.

2) A neck shape with nice fat shoulders, since I play with thumb behind the neck.

3) Jazzmaster type pickups. No P90s for me, already have a Reverend Slingshot for that.

4) Locking trem.

Optional is it coming stock with a Staytrem or Mastery or whatever else solves the bridge issues on Jazzmasters. If not, I suppose I can pay someone to add one on...

I've been informed Squier J Mascis fits the bill, but the P90 type pickups and change of the bridge spacing puts me off. The new American Professional series, I'm told have the E strings way too close to the edge of the fretboard, otherwise on paper they look exactly what I'm looking for.

Don't like Partscasters since selling them is difficult in the event I need to cut back on gear for money

PixMix

Hello,

I'm looking for a Jazzmaster that has:

1) A neck with 1.68 width.

2) A neck shape with nice fat shoulders, since I play with thumb behind the neck.

3) Jazzmaster type pickups. No P90s for me, already have a Reverend Slingshot for that.

4) Locking trem.

Optional is it coming stock with a Staytrem or Mastery or whatever else solves the bridge issues on Jazzmasters. If not, I suppose I can pay someone to add one on...

I've been informed Squier J Mascis fits the bill, but the P90 type pickups and change of the bridge spacing puts me off. The new American Professional series, I'm told have the E strings way too close to the edge of the fretboard, otherwise on paper they look exactly what I'm looking for.

Don't like Partscasters since selling them is difficult in the event I need to cut back on gear for money
StayTrem is a drop in replacement, no need to pay anyone for that. If the Professional Series Jazzmaster fits your parameters, StayTrem will fix the string spacing issue.

Can't speak for Mastery, I have no experience with it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom