Jazzmaster Ultralight head

monkmiles

Jazz/Funk/Rawk/Groove
Silver Supporting Member
To any Jazzmaster Ultralight owners out there...

How goes it?

Did the price of the head go up? It's now $749 at various online stores. I thought I bought mine for $649 or maybe $699.

googoobaby

I really like the head, but I still go back and forth whether I like the cab that much. Some guitars sound better through it than others.

monkmiles

Jazz/Funk/Rawk/Groove
Silver Supporting Member
I really like the head, but I still go back and forth whether I like the cab that much. Some guitars sound better through it than others.

The portability of the matching cab is great, but being so compact in addition to being closed back make it very directional. I ended up swapping the speaker to a slightly bigger cab with a convertible back (though mostly use it open back) and find I prefer the sound.

The matching cab has a 2 ohm Jensen Neo that I think can be special ordered from some places....otherwise a 4 ohm Neo is easy to find and still outputs plenty of power. I love the Neos.

chrisle

The portability of the matching cab is great, but being so compact in addition to being closed back make it very directional. I ended up swapping the speaker to a slightly bigger cab with a convertible back (though mostly use it open back) and find I prefer the sound.

The matching cab has a 2 ohm Jensen Neo that I think can be special ordered from some places....otherwise a 4 ohm Neo is easy to find and still outputs plenty of power. I love the Neos.

What guitars are you using with it? I'd be using Strat, LP and 335. Looking for a full and clear sound.

googoobaby

I've been using my Rivera Chubster 40 as an oversized 1x12 cab for it, but I'm always afraid the Rivera is going to get powered up sans speaker. One of these days I'll have to buy a dedicated large open back cab for the Ultralight.

googoobaby

Strat and two Gretsch-oids. It also works acceptably with the piezos in my mandolin and acoustic guitar.

monkmiles

Jazz/Funk/Rawk/Groove
Silver Supporting Member
What guitars are you using with it? I'd be using Strat, LP and 335. Looking for a full and clear sound.

Well these days I'm mostly playing jazz, so I'm using my Eastmans (El Rey & 805ce). But I also use my Les Paul Studio with it for rock tones along with a few pedals to good results.

It definitely gives a full, clear sound especially through a Jensen Neo. I find Neos are pretty clear without breakup yet also warm sounding.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom