JB Fuzz Face Battery adapter question...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fabulusfab777, Apr 24, 2016.

1. fabulusfab777

fabulusfab777 Supporting Member

Hello everyone,

I got a nice JB Fuzz Face today (Copper version) from local kijiji. I had one in the past and remember really liking it. I ran mine with a battery, but the guy selling it to me gave a a battery adapter cable with it. I forgot to ask if it needed to be powered with center negative or positive...

I just want to make sure not to fry it or damage anything. I have a CIOKS DC10, so they are all center negative (2.1 Boss type) so I'm wondering if it will be ok to run with it. Since I wont run it first in chain, it would be a good bonus to be able to run it with a power adapter.

Thank you in advance TGP for any enlightenment on this :)

2. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

The polarity depends on how the adapter cable is wired. On the battery clip at the end of the adapter cable, the smaller tab corresponds to positive, and the larger is negative. To verify, you need to check that the larger tab (negative) goes to the center pin in the female barrel jack. If it does, the jack is center negative.

fabulusfab777 likes this.
  3. fabulusfab777

I see what you mean. On the adapter though, I don't see anything indicating if it's center negative or positive... I could try to measure it with a multi-meter I guess...

4. fabulusfab777

Anyone has tried a JB fuzz face with a CIOKS power supply or Voodoo Lab ?

5. fabulusfab777

So just as a FYI and to anyone who would have the same question, the JB Fuzz Face works perfectly with the battery adapter powered by my CIOKS DC10. Good to know I guess !