• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

JBL EON 510 (?)

stephenT

I'm considering buying a JBL EON 510 for monitors (acoustic duo vocals) and small PA, was wondering if anyone has experience w/ this model?

fisticuffs

I'd probably be alright for an acoustic duo but not enough power for a full band, maybe even as monitors. Power ratings are mostly BS these days but 280W taken with a grain of salt isn't much. Good price though. They just dropped $100. Probably on the way out for an XT version with more power.

Dee-low

I'm sure the 510's would be great for your application - they sound good when when not pushed too hard. 12's would be ideal - I have a pair of mp410's that sound great for recorded music and probably would be good for acoustic too - 10 in speakers can still put out a good sound

stephenT

Thanks for the help, the price is attractive at $300, maybe a memorial day discount off of that. I know there's better stuff, but our needs are modest. We use guitar amps for the acoustics so it's just vocals I want to monitor.

stephenT

Walked outa GC w/ the 510 for $225 plus tax, the Memorial day Sale was supposed to be $50 off but the guy told me $75 on the phone and the computer let him do it.

Haven't unpacked yet, but it looks to be a very nice portable size.

Dee-low

Congrats - some people dog the eon - but every time I've heard them they sounded great - should be perfect for your application also for modest regular music playing you will be pleased - It's only when people are trying to get too much out of them - like a jbl srx or something- that they run into problems - but that is true with any speaker - I have a lot of jbl stuff and have always been impressed with their stuff- (2x srx725, 2x srx718, 2x mp415, 2x mp410 and the new recording monitors lsr3050) very satisfied with all these products

ps - great deal - for that price I wouldn't mind having a pair myself!

Trending Topics