• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

JC40 on the way

M

Member 50900

This is my first real amp. I've been using S-Gear for two years while learning how to play and what sounds and tones I like.

Lately, I've been into clean with just a bit of bite. In S-Gear, the Duke and the Wayfarer. Music wise, I like blues rock, post-rock, folk, and most indie stuff. Also, I listened to an extensive interview with Billy Duffy and how the JC120 was a big part of his sound. (Of course, it was always one-half of his two amp setups).

Why the JC40? This video by Mick and Pete was a big part of that decision. Price, features, emulated headphone outs for home practice. I'm a bedroom player most of the time, plus I think it will work great as a pedal platform.

I also bought a drive pedal for a bit of grit to add to my PAF humbuckers. ;)

I was mainly looking at this amp, the Blues Cube Hot, and the AC10.

Looking forward to giving it a go. :D

Shredzilla

This is my first real amp. I've been using S-Gear for two years while learning how to play and what sounds and tones I like.

Lately, I've been into clean with just a bit of bite. In S-Gear, the Duke and the Wayfarer. Music wise, I like blues rock, post-rock, folk, and most indie stuff. Also, I listened to an extensive interview with Billy Duffy and how the JC120 was a big part of his sound. (Of course, it was always one-half of his two amp setups).

Why the JC40? This video by Mick and Pete was a big part of that decision. Price, features, emulated headphone outs for home practice. I'm a bedroom player most of the time, plus I think it will work great as a pedal platform.

I also bought a drive pedal for a bit of grit to add to my PAF humbuckers. ;)

I was mainly looking at this amp, the Blues Cube Hot, and the AC10.

Looking forward to giving it a go. :D
Good idea. The onboard distortion is... lacking.

Sounds nice otherwise. Enjoy.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom