• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

JCM 800 bass capacity?

Jack

I'm a total noob when it comes to Marshall amps. I'm checking out these JCM 800 heads. I understand the earlier ones with vertical inputs are the highest build quality.
My question is are these heads capable of massive bottom end? I think of them as having a tighter bass, but can you get some ridiculous bottom if you want it?
I think I'm a Marshall guy, but don't know it. Is there another Marshall model I should be considering? I play mostly distorted rock, but without a bassist ala White Stripes, so I compensate by adding a lot of low end though every possible means.

BadAssBill

Gold Supporting Member
I'd say they do have a very large bottom end, yes. Of course cabinetes will vary this as well as to how tight it is, but I've always had a LOT of bottom end no matter the cab.

lcjc800

There's a local Metal Guy, Andy Williams, in Every Time I Die, that uses RI 800's and his tone is huge for a metal player. I played an 800 channel switcher for years that would make hollow stages resonate lie earthquakes when I wanted it to. Great amps for the right gig.

Austintone

Check out Roccaforte's amps- I own a JCM 800 and a Roccaforte Custom 80. The Marshall shakes my house, the Roccaforte makes the foundation move.

Trending Topics