Jcm 900 Sl-x

NICE47

So, I'm pretty new here(hi), and I'm lookin at a new amp, and I noticed a Marshall JCM900 SL-X in the emporium. The guy selling it says theres no diode clipping in the preamp stage(?), and also says that its capable of a nice high gain, more modern sound, is this also true? Thanks in advance for any help.

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
Well it's all subjective, but I think they are nice sounding Marshalls. I had a 4500 50-watter that was warmer/smoother than a JCM900 4100, DSL50/100, TSL60/100, etc... They have alot of distortion and just sound good to me. Only one channel with two gain controls.

I don't think they sound "modern" at all, though.

stump

From my recollections of playing the SL-X back in the day, it's a sweet amp. Better sounding than it's non SL X counterparts. Definitely worth the asking price IMO.

NICE47

cause at $750, thats pretty darn cheap, but anyone else have an amp suggestion under 1100 bucks, new or used? I need something with some gain, not a completely clean amp.

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
cause at $750, thats pretty darn cheap, but anyone else have an amp suggestion under 1100 bucks, new or used? I need something with some gain, not a completely clean amp.
What style of music do you play? Modern metal stuff?

Trending Topics