JD Simo and '60 Burst on the Metropoulos Metro-Plex Prototype

JD demos the prototype Metro-Plex amp from Metropoulos Amplification. He uses the low input jack and dimes the master volume (to make it behave more like a vintage, non-master volume amp) and the results are glorious!

Last edited:

mxk116

Gold Supporting Member
Too much, nothing like a JD Simo demo of a Metro amp, or anything for that matter!

Can't wait to hear this amp.

tejastubes

me likes the sound of the 60 burst better than the Gil, but different amps,,,and both sound fantastic though.

Echoes

not too many places you can play where you can dime a 100 watt plexi... I grew up in that era...back in the day.

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Bar none , my favorite amp at the show a couple weeks back.
George has something special here!

Guys no need to crap on the demo. JD Is amazing period. But his amp really is a game changer IMO. The higher gain tones but still that plexi feel and core sound that some guys lose when giving them more gain

waggclan

Par 4 Holer
This amp is great!!!

However, I wish JD would have showcased all of the "bells and whisttles!" I dig the **** out of JD.'s playing, so don't get me wrong. It was a grand JD demo, but I would have liked a bit more a amplifier showcasing; that' s all.

Love me some Metropoulos Amplidication.

Thanks George...

velvetgeorge

For me, this was more about capturing a unique moment with JD and the '60 Burst then it was about making a commercial or demonstration video for the Metro-Plex. I hit record expecting him to just play, he took it upon himself to say the dialog at the beginning. I was most impressed that he had seen the first video and knew about the features.

For a guy who doesn't like anything made after '75 to say he "loves what I did with this amp" was very encouraging. I'll take that endorsement every day of the week.

george

velvetgeorge

I'm working out some final design details on the Metro-Plex and finishing up the voicing. I needed to hear it with a variety of cabs and speakers to really dial it in.
I should have a pre-production amp built in 2-3 weeks, then we will make a full feature run down video.

Thanks for the kind words about this amp.

george

big mike

Cathode biased
For me, this was more about capturing a unique moment with JD and the '60 Burst then it was about making a commercial or demonstration video for the Metro-Plex. I hit record expecting him to just play, he took it upon himself to say the dialog at the beginning. I was most impressed that he had seen the first video and knew about the features.

For a guy who doesn't like anything made after '75 to say he "loves what I did with this amp" was very encouraging. I'll take that endorsement every day of the week.

george
Can't wait to hear/see the finalized version, The one at the amp show was off the hook man!

Telebluze

george

Not to derail the thread.....def not my intention.

I think this answered my question, but just to confirm.......

Is that a real '60 Burst??

If so, damn.....the condition is amazing!!!

It looks like a Historic re-issue!!

The amp sounds amazing....and yes, Simo is a freakin' MONSTER!!!

Thx!