JD Simo Rig Rundown

cosmic_ape

Silver Supporting Member
Haven't seen a guy so meticulous and obsessive about his sound since Eric Johnson. The dude sounds great!

mdrake34

He played in Columbus last year and I got to talk to him during a set break, he's a super nice guy. Absolute MONSTER player and is well versed in many styles.

mdrake34

Seen him live with the DKB at Roberts in Nashville. Amazing tone into a old SFDR. Seems like a cool guy.
My dad saw him years ago at Robert's with DKB and that's how I got turned on to him. He wasn't kidding in the video when he said his SIMO shows are loud. I saw him in a small club and he had the 100 watt plexi DIMED, women in the front row immediately got up and moved to the back after he started playing.

hoss33

Haven't seen a guy so meticulous and obsessive about his sound since Eric Johnson. The dude sounds great!
+1

And a sweet, humble guy.

I was introduced to him at Robert's Western World when he played for Don Kelley in Nashville June 2012. Incredible.

erksin

His rig is pretty simple, so every little bit counts. And the bits he seems to pay most attention to matter the most, IME.

I'd like to see this dude live sometime. He does it the old fashioned way - with VOLUME. lol

mdrake34

His rig is pretty simple, so every little bit counts. And the bits he seems to pay most attention to matter the most, IME.

I'd like to see this dude live sometime. He does it the old fashioned way - with VOLUME. lol
He's incredible live Erskin. He is a master of his instrument, he was plugged straight into the plexi when I saw him and got so many different tones by adjusting his volume and tone knobs and differing his picking attack, he's equally adept with a pick as he is with his fingers. Here are the pics I snapped when I saw him. You can't see it, but just to the right out of the fram is the marshall turned sideways.

67mike

NEver heard of this dude.......Thanks for turning me onto him.....guy is cool and great talent.

Trending Topics