JD10 alternatives?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kludge, Jan 29, 2008.

1. kludge

kludge The droid you're looking for Silver Supporting Member

Lately, I've been completely addicted to my Morley JD10 for recording guitar tones, especially overdubs.

But.

It's NOISY. There's a LOT of hiss, and lower-frequency stuff going on there. And the more gain, the worse it gets. Too much noise to easily gate away. I find myself hand-editing note trails in software, and that kinda sucks.

Does anyone know of another direct-recording pedal that really nails those mid-gain amp tones, has simple controls (including speaker simulation), and is also quiet? The touch-behavior of the Morley is so good that I dread trying to use Amplitube or other software now.

2. Electric I

Electric I Member

I've got the newer award-session model & plan to start using for direct recording in the coming weeks. No idea if it'd be any quieter than the jd-10, but I plan on running into an isp decimator pedal for good measure.

So... check into the decimator, since it's generally regarded as best in it's class.

3. kludge

kludge The droid you're looking for Silver Supporting Member

Dunno if it's any quieter, but you WILL enjoy it for direct recording! The sound is just wonderful, and can get you into Fender, Vox, or Marshall territory very easily.

4. Electric I

Electric I Member

Good to know. Thanks!

5. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Actually the original Sansamp pedal does this better than the JD10 to my ears. It's more organic and a little quieter. I've used it to direct record bass, rhythm and lead guitar quite nicely...

6. Steven

Steven Member

Strange... I´ve used the JD-10 a lot on recordings and never had any trouble with noice or hizz.