Jean Luc Ponty.

edgewound

Spotify...free version...has allowed me to rediscover some artists I have on vinyl from the 80s in storage not on CD. Jean Luc Ponty is one such artist. The musicianship is incredible. Much new discovery of songs from other artists I never new existed. Every genre` in high quality audio. Awesome.

Another recommendation I might offer is wireless earbuds from Jabra. Elite 85t is what I'm using. Pairs with two devices. Studio monitor quality audio. Amazing call quality. Check it out.

Sam Sherry

Gold Supporting Member
His albums as a leader were very popular when I was a kid, but IMO his side-player work was even better. He was a featured voice in the final version of Mahavishnu Orchestra and took a rare and exceptional acoustic spin on Chick Corea's My Spanish Heart:

yfeefy

I really like his compositions, and the execution on the albums is amazing. the holdsworth solos on enigmatic ocean are brilliant... I always loved this pretty song from cosmic messenger. on this upload you can hear the needle hitting the record at the beginning haha ... i bet holdsworth would have liked to jam over this odd-time constantly key-changing verse...

Dik Ellis

Mr. Ponty famously said "Jazz and Rock will never meet." Then he played with Frank Zappa. I got to see him perform with John McLaughlin and Gayle Moran. Great show!

s2y

I also came here to mention Enigmatic Ocean. That's the kind of album that makes you simultaneously want to practice more and throw all your gear in a river.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom