jeff beck destroying

jzilla

i'm actually not a huge jeff beck fan. i just don't relate to much of the compositions but his work on this roger waters tune is just beautiful. definitely one of my favorite guitar solos and still moves me as much now as when i first heard it over a decade ago.

thought i'd share as i think it's not very well known

KeithC

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks! That reminds me I need to put that on my MP3 player!
Very nice.

roadfilm

That's my favorite solo of all time. They don't get much more full of emotion than that one.

Some of Beck's finest playing is on that album- thanks for the reminder...

Another good one to search for is the Frankie's House soundtrack.

sixty2strat

Best thing on the album IMO. Roger lost his vision or lost the guys who knew when to say enough and bang it into shape. Saddly I saw the tour in 97? and Bramhall amd Snowy live in philly did not come near to Becks feel, shockingly they were real stiff.

jmcerlain

Always has been on of my favorite Beck solos. The intro ton the record is amazing as well. I always felt the record was not that great, I'd put on two or three tunes. That was the main one.

jimfog

Thanks.

BTW......1:48 - 3:01.....for those who can't abide Roger's rantings.

sixty2strat

Always has been on of my favorite Beck solos. The intro ton the record is amazing as well. I always felt the record was not that great, I'd put on two or three tunes. That was the main one.

lost the CD and never looked for it..lol. Aside from Beck not much worthwhile there. every time I hear it I think Roger is trying so hard to be Lenoard Cohen on Closing time rather than be himself, which explains the Cecil B. DeMile cast of 1000's on it.

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
i thought this thread would be about something like AC30s being tossed out windows. No one seems to remember the temperamental Beck of canceled shows and no-shows and destroyed gear. Sure has mellowed in his later years.

jzilla

it took me a while to enjoy this album. but after many listens it became one of my favorites. worth the time IMO

zerorez

Great post for that track reminder of JB, when Jeff kicks it in for the solo you can tell, he has his own unique attack and vibrato style.

Roger Waters current tour for the Wall is just outstanding with the audio and visual experience and total concert package! :aok

Trending Topics