Jeff Beck Japan 1999

macula56

Gold Supporting Member
I've been a Beck fan since the Yardbirds and have seen him several times with at least 5 or 6 different lineups starting with BBA in '72. Most of my friends didn't like the techno sounding stuff but I dug it. Conversely, they love the stuff he did with the Bones girls that I don't like at all. I saw this tour and it was a mindblowing experience. Jennifer Batten was and still is a freekin' monster guitar player. She played some stuff when I saw them that had Beck rollin' hard. I just found this on youtube and it brought back some great memories. Enjoy.

macula56

Gold Supporting Member
Jen has had some interesting stories on Jeff, while on the tour bus.
Best line-up next to Tal's.
My favorite is the Orange album lineup then the one with Batten then the one with Tal and Vinnie.
Another favorite live performance.

Jon C

Gold Supporting Member
Saw some great performances with that lineup. That “Brush With The Blues” made me verklempt.

Last edited:

jwny72

I saw a show in Anaheim, CA from that tour. My first and (so far) only Jeff Beck concert. I like the Electronica laced material from that album (Who Else!) and it's follow ups. Super cool stuff.

I saw that tour in 1999, and it was one of the best guitar performances I've ever heard.
A year or two later I went to the You Had It Coming tour, and walked out 3/4 through the show.
Then I was fortunate enough to see him with Hymas and Bozzio at BB King's in NYC in 2002. That was probably the single best guitar performance I've ever heard.

sonofspy

I've been a Beck fan since the Yardbirds and have seen him several times with at least 5 or 6 different lineups starting with BBA in '72. Most of my friends didn't like the techno sounding stuff but I dug it. Conversely, they love the stuff he did with the Bones girls that I don't like at all. I saw this tour and it was a mindblowing experience. Jennifer Batten was and still is a freekin' monster guitar player. She played some stuff when I saw them that had Beck rollin' hard. I just found this on youtube and it brought back some great memories. Enjoy.
2001 tour still with Batten

macula56

Gold Supporting Member
I saw that tour in 1999, and it was one of the best guitar performances I've ever heard.
A year or two later I went to the You Had It Coming tour, and walked out 3/4 through the show.
Then I was fortunate enough to see him with Hymas and Bozzio at BB King's in NYC in 2002. That was probably the single best guitar performance I've ever heard.
I saw the Bozzio/Hymas tour in Austin. That was some cool stuff.

p-ninety

I, too, saw Beck on that tour, in Jacksonville, FL, about two week after the clip posted above was recorded.

I, too, was blown away, though not my (now ex) bride to be, who regarded it as "noise."

Shoulda known then and there that she won't the one . . . .

Last edited:

Trending Topics