Jeff Beck Strat Musings

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Jennman47, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Jennman47

Jennman47 Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    I hope you don't mind if I brag a little bit but I just picked up a Jeff Beck strat this weekend. It just kept calling my name so I scooped it up! This guitar is a player up and down the board. It just rings out. And the noiseless pickups? I like them a lot

I used to be a Gibson-only player but as I've gotten older there's just something about the feel of a strat that is right for me. The neck is perfect for me and the olympic white makes it aesthetically perfect

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. pats

pats Supporting Member

3. paulvcarter

paulvcarter Supporting Member

I liked my custom but not the neck shape so I sold it, nice guitar though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Matt L

Matt L Supporting Member

Beautiful Olympic White JB!

My main guitar is a Surf Green JB. It is the best Strat I've owned. It is so comfortable and sounds great. The Hot Noiseless pickups surprised me.

I'd like to add a white one like yours at some point!

5. DonM

DonM Member

there was some great tips on adjusting those pickups and pushing the magnets down or up, I forgot, may be on Fender Forum?
    Jeff uses the TONE control pretty much full time while on bridge and lets it open more if on neck, the RAT-2 distortion and a 50 watt Marshall is the cats meow! Enjoy!

6. DiPa

DiPa Silver Supporting Member

Congrats, I have the purple one, mine is a 1995 model.
    I just love everything about the JB strat.

7. aroman

aroman Member

I love my American Jeff Beck Strat !.
    I like it better than a Fender '54 CS Strat and Suhr Classic I owned !

8. straycat113

straycat113 Member

Congrats! As a Fender die hard for 40+ years my 02 Surf Green Beck has been my #1 Strat since the day I bought it 13 years ago and the Hot Noiseless pups my favorite noiseless pups Fender produces. Just a little warning! If you never owned a guitar with an LSR roller nut be careful when you wipe your strings down. Ayear after I bought mine I put it back in the case after wiping down my strings and the next day when I took it out of the case I heard something hit the floor and saw one of the teeth that hold the bearings in was sticking straight out lol.Only God knows how I found it after 15 minutes but no matter what you do the nut is shot. So I had to replace the nut which was a snap but for weeks still couldn't understand what the hell happened lol. Then one night after playing and cleaning my strings with a polishing cloth I felt it snag on the teeth of the nut and stopped. No damage was done but I realized what happened and would put my left index finger over the nut when wiping down.Since I own three Strats with an LSR the moment I saw The string cleaner tool by Tone Gear which is a little plastic tool a little bigger then a full humbucker that opens up with cleaning pads on the top and bottom and snaps closed and you just go up and down it is all I use and the best $10 any player will spend as it also gets all that grime under your strings that eventually starts cutting into your frets.

9. X–Ray

X–Ray Member

Congrats!

Got mine new in '03

10. C-4

C-4 Member

Here for now, Europe when I die. Am I dead yet?
    I had 9 of the original run JB Strats over time. My favorite color is still the midnight purple. This is still my favorite Fender Strat.

11. open strings

open strings Member

It was the first strat that convinced me I like playing strats. And I barely ever use the trem bar in spite of all the optimizations for it in the JB strat design.

12. jmontgomery

jmontgomery Supporting Member

They have the best necks on them that Fender makes.

13. Jennman47

Jennman47 Supporting Member

Thanks for all the nice comments! I am in the honeymoon period right now and I am loving It. I don't have a gig for another 3 weeks so I have some time to get used to it. Straycat - thanks for the heads up on the roller nut, I'll watch that

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015