Jeff Beck Strat Neck Dimensions?

FreeBlues

Silver Supporting Member
I know this info is available somewhere in this forum, but a quick search didn't provide the information. I like most the things about the regular production Beck Strat, at least on paper, so I'm wondering about the neck dimensions. I like chunky!

Can someone help me out, either with measurements or at least a description?

theon

Silver Supporting Member
Up until 2000 the neck was 1" thick with no taper,9.5 radius with a 1.68" nut.
After 2000 they had a heel contour,LSR nut and a thinner neck. Not sure on neck dimensions. Check these as i may not be totally correct.

-CM-

Something Clever Here
Gold Supporting Member
My CS JB neck is definitely not chunky. .81 at the 1st fret, .9 at the 12th.

tele1951

Gold Supporting Member
Interesting. The first Beck I remember seeing in the early 90's had the biggest neck I have ever seen. Period. Bigger than my Nocaster and my Nocaster is .95 at 1st fret. So the mention of a 1" neck above sounds right for those earlier Becks.

I wonder if Fender or Beck initiated the change to a smaller neck???

Fro68

Silver Supporting Member
The current JB neck is easily my favorite neck shape that Fender makes today. It's noticeably bigger than their modern "C" shape, but isn't what I would call chunky. It's just the right size.

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
Platinum Supporting Member
I lost out on getting one of the early versions before prices started getting nutso. 1" top to bottom would be awesome! My 2 Warmoth Strats have their fatback carve, which I believe is the same 1."

Trending Topics