• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Jeff Beck's Rig Rundown

rwe333

So many incredible studio tones from JB...

But, the tone on Live w/ the Jan Hammer Group is INSANE!
Strat into Colorsound Overdriver into Marshall? Totally the ****.

DustyRhodesJr

Silver Supporting Member
Never seen any pro use one of those Snarling Dogs pedals[/QUOTE

Probably because they were not durable at all.

My friend was regional mgr at GC at one point and he said that brand cost them a bundle.

About 3/4 of them got returned as the quality was not good.

I bet Beck has to have his tech work on that pedal constantly.

zekmoe

Never seen any pro use one of those Snarling Dogs pedals
They were weird devices. Super heavy casings, particularly the wha type pedals. Good sound, but the worlds thinnest wiring and connectivity. I had one wire inside so tight it was pluckable and produced a note. A strange combination of boutique and super cheap construction.

Todd Lynch

They were weird devices. Super heavy casings, particularly the wha type pedals. Good sound, but the worlds thinnest wiring and connectivity. I had one wire inside so tight it was pluckable and produced a note. A strange combination of boutique and super cheap construction.
Agree. I had one of the early-ish giant Red base wah pedals with three switchable sounds/wah ranges. I thought it was a fantastic sounding wah. Really shoddy wiring, etc., on the inside. Finally ditched it as it was larger/heavier than I wanted to deal with.

binge

I went to revisit Jeff Beck's Rig Rundown and was saddened when it has been deleted from the Premier Guitar website and the video has been deleted from Youtube. :(

ak301

I went to revisit Jeff Beck's Rig Rundown and was saddened when it has been deleted from the Premier Guitar website and the video has been deleted from Youtube. :(
I think I heard somewhere that the JB camp asked PG to remove it

Why, I have no idea

binge

I think I heard somewhere that the JB camp asked PG to remove it

Why, I have no idea
That's a shame. Although his rig is relatively simple I enjoyed watching his tech talking about his gear. I remember being surprised to learn he likes to roll the bass on his amp all the way off.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Was it the one where he was using Fender combos?

If so, maybe he wanted it down because he doesn't use those anymore?

Tim Bowen

I wandered down front after a JB show last fall as the roadies were doing their thing. He was using a BECKTONE amp. A BECKTONE amp...

Trending Topics