Jeff Lynne Hyde Park 2014

choucas09

If you're a fan check this out, the concert interspersed with an interview........Brilliant!

Last edited:

greeny

Yeh this was on TV this last weekend (BBC4?) along with the documentary 'Mr Blue Sky'

The concert was great, his voice is still pretty good and it was good so see such a large band size being so well sorted (plenty of rehearsals I suspect) for what was (as far as I know) a one off event.

For anyone even remotely interested in ELO/Jeff Lynne the 'Mr Blue Sky'documentary is highly recommended, lots of detail of the work he did with Petty,Harrison, McCartney, Roy Orbison etc. He came across really well I thought.

I struggle to think of anyone else that has produced/written as many pop hits as Jeff. If you see all the albums he did with the above mentioned and his enormous contribution from a songwriting point of view as well as producing, and you add in all the ELO stuff which was pretty much him alone songwriting it is an incredible body of work.

Bob Maximus

Gold Supporting Member
Could you post a link? Like to see this one. I dont know why the video isnt showing on my laptop.

Showing now...

Last edited:

Two-Octave

Nice. --- Jeff Lynne is an interesting fellow.

Almost everything he does is really,really good. For a very,very long time.

The man is a hoss. ---:dude

BONGKARMA

Damn! now that is a wall of sound! I saw ELO in the 70s, still by far one of the best shows that I've ever been to. I would love to see jeff come to my neck of the woods one more time.

Bob Maximus

Gold Supporting Member
This concert is so well done. Caught it on the headphones this a.m. They pulled the original. Here is another I found:

hudpucker

Longtime fan here. Despite his fame I think him to be quite underrated and under-recognized.

scottlr

This concert is so well done. Caught it on the headphones this a.m. They pulled the original. Here is another I found:

Thank you, that was a lovely show to see! I am a fan of his, and didn't realize just how many hit they had back then. Would have liked to see the interview, too. But it is now blocked.

Longtime fan here. Despite his fame I think him to be quite underrated and under-recognized.
I doubt he's under rated, but I agree with under recognized.