Jeff McErlain pod X3 patches for 50 blueslicks you must know

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Blueville, May 3, 2016.

1. Blueville

Blueville Member

The great Jeff MCErlain has posted his Line 6 POD X3 -patches for the truefire lessons "50 blues licks you must know" on this forum. Unfortunatly for me the link is broken.
    Does anyone can help an old bluesman to get these patches.
    My email is rbluesy@gmail.com.

Thanks

2. rufedges

rufedges Member

Looks like the link is still up on the line 6 website. But, you should have posted the web page of the truefire lesson with the supposed link to the patches, if you're expecting someone to spend a bunch of time looking on Truefire for you to then search the line 6 forum, that it just lazy and isn't going to happen. Where does he say he has patches available? Help us help. Just an FYI though, the X3 is a Dinosaur, and maybe it's all you've got to work with, but old school digital technology and blues aren't usually associated.

http://line6.com/customtone/browse/podx3/

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  3. crispsandwich

crispsandwich Member

What a patronising and snobby response. Sad to see that some forum members not only chastise people for asking for a bit of help, but will also bash their gear. OP, I can't help I'm afraid, but I think the X3 is awesome. I still use mine, alongside my Kemper and Yamaha THR100HD. Hope you get some more helpful responses than these ones.

4. rufedges

rufedges Member

I was not criticizing OPs equipment. Not sure of OP's age / income / etc., but I was young once too, and remember the struggles trying to get good tone out of meh equipment, if that is the OPs situation. I tried for a long time to get authentic blues tones out of an HD300 and HD500, got in the ballpark, but IMO, there is still just a little something missing, even in some of the AXE FX blues tones out there. All I was trying to say was that technology has come a LONG way since the POD X3, and he might save some frustration if he's able to consider / afford newer technology.

It's like trying to break into the 10/11 second quarter mile with a Honda civic (say 20K), which can be done, but it is going to take a lot of time, work, and money. However, if one were to work to achieve the same with a corvette, Camaro, mustang, etc, although initial cost is more, those machines are made for that purpose, and the goal will be achieved much easier, more reliably, and even possibly cheaper in the long run. But, not everyone can afford the 35K to even 90/100K for the last three cars mentioned, so maybe you drop 10-15K into the Civic, which may even put you in the mid to high 12's. You haven't met your goal, but it's pretty close.

I do not apologize for chastising the poster for what seemed to be lazy in providing little to no clues or links to the supposed posts/links to the patches, and I went to true-fire and did a quick search on the Line 6 customtone for Jeff's name as well. Maybe the OP was unintentional in this, but expecting someone else to do all the work for you is not reality.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  5. jmcerlain

jmcerlain Member

Hi Blueville,

Thanks for checking out the course! I don't think I stil have those patches anywhere! I do know I always just tweaked the jtm45 model. Basically the only amp model I ever used. Always with the greenback cabs and a touch of delay. If I can find the patches I'll send them to you.

All the best!

Jeff