Jeff Senn - My Hero

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by A. Tad Askew, Sep 13, 2006.

1. A. Tad Askew

A. Tad Askew Member

http://www.guitaradoptions.com/store/images/detailed_images/d_3788.jpg

Have you ever picked up a guitar and realized it's the one you've always wanted without really "knowing" it prior to that instant? Well, it happened to me when I opened the FedEx box from Guitar Adoptions on Friday. In the box was a Jeff Senn Pomona. If you've not had a chance to play one of these, you owe it to yourself to go find one. Jeff has faithfully recreated a vintage "T-Style" guitar that appears to have been played for a long time by someone much better than me. This is one of those rare instruments that demands you to become a better player.

The details: 6.5 pounds, lightly "seasoned", Lollar p'ups, 1-piece bakelite pickguard. The Lollars provide a much broader tonal spectrum than a typical Tele. The bridge p/u provides all the bite you expect from this type of guitar, but the neck p/u is much more rich and ballsy (think '92 Silver Oak Cab) than I expected. Basically, mojo out the wazoo. Perfectly setup and plays like a dream

I don't know what Jeff's secret is, but he's got this relic thing down cold. A goodly number of "name" players are using his instruments now and the wait time for a new one is growing. I didn't buy it as an investment, but I wouldn't be surprised if a little buzz didn't develop pretty soon.

Now if I could only figure out a way to get my hands on the Fullerton at Guitar Adoptions....... Thanks again to Jeff Senn and Dave Schmidt at Guitar Adoptions for making this happen!

Tad

2. chicknpickn2

chicknpickn2 Member

Congratulations Tad,

It looks like an awesome guitar. I had the opportunity to play a Senn strat. It was a great guitar. Congrats again!

3. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

Hey Tad,
    I was wondering who got that one.
    Congratulations on a killer guitar.

I love my Senn Tele. It's got the Mojo I've missed all these years, plus it keeps getting better the longer I have it.
    I have a Fullerton model that should be done beginning of October. I'll post pics when I get it.
    Jeff's work is first class.

[​IMG]

4. Glowing Tubes

Tad's guitar. In case you want to skip the link. What a beauty![​IMG]

5. A. Tad Askew

A. Tad Askew Member

You'll have to explain to this ignorant soul how to post pics without links. Thanks.

Yes, it really is all that and more. I will add a strat to my collection eventually. What are the specs on your upcoming Senn?

Tad

6. tonedaddy

tonedaddy Member

I am here as you are here as you are me and we are
    Very cool guitars!

Here's that Fullerton at GuitarAdoptions.com.
    Looks good!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Glowing Tubes

Go to photobucket.com
    Click on the download images link and search to find the pic on your system. Its that simple. I'd like to see some "real world" photos of your tele.
    My new Senn is a lightweight alder body/rswood board in shell pink. :AOK
    Im dying to get it as you can imagine.

RC

8. J Purcell

J Purcell Member

Thanks for buying the Pomona. You saved me a lot of money. I called but too late.:BITCH:D

I've got a Fullerton coming in a few months. I'm trying not to think about it too much. These threads don't help.

9. laurencer83

laurencer83 Member

What pickups are in your Senn Pomona? i'm sure i've asked before but i can't remember.