Jensen C12K anyone???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Jay Strange, May 28, 2008.

1. Jay Strange

Jay Strange Member

Anyone have experience with the speaker for cleans?? Seems like a good match for a Fender or maybe a Classic Reverb??Thanks,Jay

2. mcgriff420

mcgriff420 Member

I bought a pair four years ago thinking to replace/replicate the jensen Purples I had in a bassman 212 cab. All I know is they take a loooong time to break in.. after that you have a nice well rounded speaker..perfect for the fender/classic reverb you speak of.

I think alot of the (new) jensen bashing has to do with the fact they take a really long time to break in -like I'm sure the originals did too, and people want instant gratification when it comes to speakers.

3. Jay Strange

Jay Strange Member

Thanks for the reply dude!! Would you say break in time equal to an H30??

4. mcgriff420

mcgriff420 Member

I bought a brand new H30 a few years ago and it broke in no problem aka. couple months of regular playing. If you want to break in the C12K's you need to resort to the gear page approved method of a home stereo, rock cd's and mucho blankets. There's a less approved method of using a light misting from a fabric softner on the speaker to relax the fibre's..never did try that one..

5. bosstone

bosstone Member

That lightly misting the cone is for revitalizing old dried out and brittle cones. To Weber break in process involves painting acetone around the surround while pumping a signal through it. BE SURE NOT TO LET THE ACETONE SPLASH UP INTO YOUR EYES!