• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Jensen Neo users your opinions needed here!

TheGrooveking

I was wondering about litening my gig rig and was thinking about Jensen Neo speakers and was wondering what the feedback would be from those who have been using them. Also please list what amp/cabinet arrangements you are using them in.

I tried doing a search on Jensen Neo, but Neo is too short for the search function here on TGP, I thought that was going to be one of the upgrades, to be able to do 3 letter searches?

TheGrooveking

doveman

I tried doing a search on Jensen Neo, but Neo is too short for the search function here on TGP, I thought that was going to be one of the upgrades, to be able to do 3 letter searches?

TheGrooveking
Go to the search area ... all the way at the bottom ... use Google Search and type in Neo ... it will search TGP using Google.

TheGrooveking

Thanks for the headsup on the search function with using Google, it works! Feel kind of stupid for not knowing that, but I am sure it's not the last time I'll have that feeling...

TheGrooveking

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
I use Jensen Neo's in my KJL 12/10 cab and I like them because they don't color the tone a lot like some other speakers I've tried. I'd rather hear the tone of my Strat and my Komet amp rather than the tone of the speakers...but whatever works for you.

HipKitty

Gold Supporting Member
We are testing a pair in an "x" pattern with another pair of Jensens (the Mod 12-70) in a 4 x 12. Our opinion right now (the final verdict isn't in yet) is that they are a good compliment to the Mods. Where the Mods are great at the lows and low mids, the Neo's fill the remaining gap....but from the amp's natural voicing, not the speaker's. They are pretty quick in attack as well.

Trout

I have a lot of Neo's, both 10's and 12's. Primarily I use them in my Fenderish amps. My Richter 5E3 came stock with one.
I am liking them a lot.
They do seem to tighten the bass and extend this highs a good bit. I think they seem weaker in the mids though. I feel the midrange breakup is not as smooth as most people like.

What I do however like is their presence, They really kick and at times depending on the amp get almost ice picky. I actually like that though, to my ears it helps cut better in a live environment.
I have always found that smoother speakers often seem lost live, though at home they seem fine.

I ran my Lead 100 with a 4 X 12 Cab loaded with 12/100's and it seemed like it was 10% louder than the G12K's I pulled out. Creamy was not an option or even possible.

I agree a lot on the amp voicing, They are fantastic for some amps, but other amps voiced differently will leave your ears ringing.

I have had a couple fail BTW, Not blown, but they developed a weird ghost type note at extremely low volumes. It sounded like a very mild cabinet buzz.
I would not hesitate to buy more if I ever need them.

Ben Furman

Silver Supporting Member
The way to use the TGP search engine for three-letter strings is to add an asterisk (wildcard) to the end of the search term. If you search for "neo*," it will not only pull up "neo" itself but also "neos," "neodymium," and just about anything else beginning with "neo."

I love the Jensen Neo 12-100 I have installed in a Pritchard 1x12. The amp has a lot of different voices, and I've found the speaker to be a very good compromise between clean, mild crunch, and heavy distortion. One thing it's not particularly good for is fuzz-laden "violin" type sound. The midrange is less complex than most Brit-style speakers but not as flat as other Jensens.

My experience is that the 12-incher is considerably less ice-picky than the 10" version.

-Ben

EBGB

I replaced the stock speaker in my Fender Rivera Concert with a Jensen Neo 12/100. I thought the overall sound improved 40%. The stock speaker was POS.

I don't find it ice picky at all, but rather very smooth.

I use that amp when I need loud and clean.

Trending Topics