1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Jensen Neo's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by trwigg, May 20, 2011.

1. trwigg

trwigg Member

I am in the process of buying a Category 5 amp with Jensen Neo's and I was trying to get some feedback on these speakers. I have heard and like a lot of Jensen speakers but not the Neo's so I would appreciate any and all input. Thanks.

2. VaughnC

VaughnC Supporting Member

I've had a Jensen Neo 12 & 10 in my homebrew amp for almost 2 years and see no need to change. I'd call them tonally even without a lot of their own color...which lets you hear more of the amps tone...which could be a good or bad thing ;). Like a pair of shoes, you'll just have to try them to see how well they fit ;).
    [​IMG]

3. terrapin

terrapin Member

I have a 12" Neo in my Juke Coda and a 10" Neo in my PRRI. I would say they are the most transparent speaker I have used. They tend to simply amplify the sound coming from the amp. If you like the sound of your amp then you will like Neo's.

4. benderman

benderman Member

Another vote for the Jensen Neo's have a pair of them in my RI 65 Twin and can't say anything but great things about them!!!

5. Webfoot

Webfoot Supporting Member

Where do the neo Tornados fit in? Better worse?

6. EBGB

EBGB Member

I have the regular Jensen Neo 12" in a Fender Rivera-era Concert (which can be a very clean amp)

It's high quality and light
    Neutral perhaps, but I'd use the word Even
    It's rich, smooth, and makes an amp less harsh
    Not aggressive or mid-honky... can sound really great
    Still cuts through

7. trwigg

trwigg Member

Thanks for all the comments. I am excited about getting the new amp and from these comments sounds like the speakers will work just fine.

8. cbguy

cbguy Green & Gold Supporter

I've had both the Neo and the Tornado. Both are very good. I traded the Neo away in a deal with a cabinet I had. Like others have said, extremely good sound and very transparent. It needed a break-in period to get rid of some spikiness but quickly became a great smooth-sounding speaker.

The Tornado is very good also. I still use it in my little tweedy-sized RedPlate BlackLoop. Probably a little more mid hump than the Neo but still a very smooth-sounding speaker.

I think you'll be very happy.