Jensen P10Q vs P10N in Pro Junior?

coyoteblue

I just got a Tweed PJ and want to try a new speaker. I've heard the Jensen P10Q is great in this amp, but I can't find one in town. I can get a P10N. I've heard it's got a big bass. Anyone tried both? Should I be concerned about too much bass or anything else if I buy the P10N? Best to wait till I can find a P10Q? How would you compare these speakers? Thanks.

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
I think the P10N has way more headroom, so if you're looking for a cleaner sound, use it. If you want 'classic Fender breakup', go with the Q. That's the standard ceramic Fender sound.

The Q wll, IIRC, break up at lower volume than the N. I tried a pair of N's in my BF Vibrolux Reverb, and they were so loud at breakup I couldn't use the amp live.

Hope this helps, Dana O.

tweedcab

Silver Supporting Member
I think the P10N has way more headroom, so if you're looking for a cleaner sound, use it. If you want 'classic Fender breakup', go with the Q. That's the standard ceramic Fender sound.

The Q wll, IIRC, break up at lower volume than the N. I tried a pair of N's in my BF Vibrolux Reverb, and they were so loud at breakup I couldn't use the amp live.

Hope this helps, Dana O.
P10Q is Alnico FWIW.

Trending Topics