Jensen P12R ri vs Jensen P12Q

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by atlas, Dec 16, 2009.

1. atlas

atlas Member

Whats the differens between the Jensen P12R ri vs Jensen P12Q ri
    more then the powerrating?Witch one would you prefer in a 5E3?

2. SLBlues

SLBlues Member

I had a P12R RI in my Richter for awhile. I liked it pretty well. Never tried a P12Q RI so can't comment. I did put a vintage P12Q in it, but it has some issues that need to be fixed when I can get around to it and have some extra $. There is/was a thread here extolling the virtues of Weber Signature Series 12S speakers for 5E3 type amps.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=630657&highlight=weber+signature+series+speaker

There is a lot of 5E3 speaker information available if will do a search and a lot in the link above.

3. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

I used to run a reissue Jensen P12R in my DRRI. The speaker was very bright, amp was pretty bright too. Sounded great for clean, good for light OD, very fizzy for anything with decent gain. The Jensen ceramic speakers seem to get better reviews than their Alnico speakers (talking reissues here).

4. SLBlues

SLBlues Member

The P12R reissue did brighten up my 5E3 a bit, not in a bad way IMO. I am back to the Jensen Neo 100 that Sara was using when I bought my Richter. More emphasis on the bass to my ears with the Neo and does not get flubby, at least with single coils.