• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

jensen speaker info

blues

Silver Supporting Member
I just won a jensen speaker. It has p12rjs on it. I know what the p12r means. Dont know what the js means. Any help would be great. It was cheap so I went for it. The code on it is 220346. I know 220 is for jensen. Does the 3 mean 53 or 63 and the 46 mean the week? Thanks Dave

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
The "j" was a full range stereo speaker with a ridge in the cone surround. It was used with a crossover as a "woofer" in two and three way speaker systems. The paper used for the cone was a bit thicker than the musical instrument version of the "r". The "s" following the "j" may stand for stereo use but I'm not 100% sure. Being it's a "p" and an alnico the 3 makes it a '53 and the 46 is the week. Jensen stopped producing alnico speakers in '61.

blues

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks slider313. Im going to try it in my tweed deluxe. Do you think the paper thicknes will make any difference as to how a regular p12r ?

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
It will sound warmer and won't break up as quick compared to a guitar p12r speaker. It may even have a 1.25" voice coil like a p12q instead of the common 1".

Trending Topics