Jerry Garcia's Guitar for auction

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by bobbysbackingtrax, May 21, 2011.

1. bobbysbackingtrax

bobbysbackingtrax Member

Dear new musical friends , I am really new here and I'm placing this information in this category because I felt it was the most appropriate category.If not please correct me and redirect me to the best area here. My dear friend and talent Matthew Kelly has some interesting information to share in regards to a very "historic" guitar for auction. Respect , Bobby

http://www.jerrygarciaguitar.com/Home.html

2. quinnamps

quinnamps Member

YEars ago you could not find a working diagram for Jerry's guitar. Myself and another fellow pestered Brawer into confirming it..... but now you go and show me these pictures and I feel the urge to reverse the transistor based circuit in lucky 13.
    Cool post. Way cool alembic. Neat history and way cool of Matthew give it away to charity.

3. Thanwarin

Thanwarin Member

Matthew says thanks. The auction starts soon, June 5th 7PM PDT.

I would like to share his thoughts that I have copied from another source, "There is a a truly wonderful quote by Dr. Albert Schweitzer which says ,'The greatest gift that a man can have is to be able to be of service to his fellow man'. It is this concept that inspired me to want to 'pay it forward' and give freely of what was given so freely to me, by the ever beloved guitarist, Jerry Garcia, a man who continually gave so much of himself on so many different levels."

[​IMG]

4. Thanwarin

Thanwarin Member

5. Thanwarin

Thanwarin Member

Just a quick reminder...

Auction ends 19:00 PDT June 12, 2011 (This Sunday)

Auction includes Jerry's Fender Harvard amp that he used to warmup before shows.

To view the auction or place a bid visit the Jerry Garcia Lucky #13 listing on eBay; http://bit.ly/mFgN3M

Thanks for looking from all us at Amicus.

6. wichita

wichita Member

Michael? You paying attention?

7. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Member

I'm buying a lottery ticket tonight.

8. Blessed Tone

Blessed Tone Member

Wow, I'm somewhat surprised that this guitar did not get more bids...

I wish it would have sold for the bin price and raised some much needed funds.

Sweet piece of history, perhaps they will run it again sometime soon.

Good luck to Matt & crew