• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Jerry Reed

TREV FLINT

Yup, what a picker, entertainer, songwriter, comedian ect. Love me some Jerry Reed.
"She got the gold mine, and I got the shaft"

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
There would be no Brent Mason without him.

Kind of like saying you think the Beatles are a good rock band though.

Kinda been established.

Ogre

Love his playing, sense of humor. Figured out "Jerrys Breakdown". It is counter-intuitive, and brilliant. He was a hillbilly genius.

Kinda been established.

Do you really think that?
GM, outside us gearheads and guitarplayers, do you really think this is established?

I'm willing to say that there may have been a generation that maybe knew him as "in that movie with Burt Reynolds".

That generation is not the kids coming up now. So I think that the good stuff has to be mentioned every once in awhile.

Maybe somebody will Google him from this thread and get a new lick or something.

HHB

the Snowman has steadily become my fav guitarist over the years, the better I get the more my jaw drops watching/listening to the pure joy he played with

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
There would be no Brent Mason without him.

Kind of like saying you think the Beatles are a good rock band though.

Kinda been established.
Too true -

Brent said of Jerry Reed, "He's not just a great guitar PLAYER, he's a great guitar THINKER".

I agree with that completely - he was extremely innovative and unique in his approach. At Jerry Reed live shows, he was often reluctant to play his instrumental "hits", like "The Claw", saying he'd already done that and had moved on.

He was a true genius, IMHO, and a ton of fun too.

Thanks, Dana O.

fusion58

"Lightening Rod" is definitely one of the most blistering pieces I've ever heard him play.

We're not worthy! :bow

LHanson

They broke the mould after they made Jerry. Somewhere out there, Chester, Lester, and Jerry are having a break-down of monumental proportions.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom