• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Jerry...

heady dude

I hear ya Bill, wish he was still around. The peggy-o from that show is one of the best. Jer just laid himself out there that night.

weezy

I too am missing the Jerry... I'll never forget seeing his last 2 performances at Soldier Field - he was very messy, more-so than usual - forgetting lyrics, missing guitar licks etc.

Until...

...he played this song and absolutely blew everyone's minds. With his arm raised during some choice lyrics and a solo that couldn't have been more perfect. It was one of the best moments I've ever witnessed after seeing the Dead over 50 times, and it was his last performance ever. :(

RIP JERRY

bilbal

Speaking of Jer' missing lyrics... I always remember hearing Stella Blue on occasion and he would somehow either miss a lyric entrance or completely screw the verse order up. But, the times he did, it was a certainty that he would give us an epic solo - LOL!!! I almost liked it better when the lyrics got screwed up, honestly. Crazy huh? Yeah, but that was just another happening at shows. Man I miss it!!

Joisey

Listening to Estimated>Other One>NFA>Sugar Magnolia from Buffalo 5/9/77 on Sirius 32 as I type. Definately missed.

Wooley

Funny you should bring this up.
I've been listening to live Grateful Dead almost non-stop for the last 3 months, and it just occurred to me today, that I am never gonna see Jerry live (or alive) again.
And I was bummed out.

I am listening to the famed "Busted Down on Bourbon Street" show (the show they played right before they got busted) right now. I mean, it's playing in the background (Cryptical Envelopement) as I am typing this.
Being from New Orleans, this show has special meaning for me, and was at the old Warehouse (long gone) venue where the likes of Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley also played.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
Jerry lives on in many ways, including in my phrasing (for which I owe him dearly), avatar, and sig line.

bilbal

Hey Jon. How are you? Long time no "speak". I hope you're doing well.

I'm watching the JGB at Shoreline DVD now, Tangled Up In Blue to be more precise. I dig the backing vocalists. They are having soooooo much fun. Garcia looks like he was having a blast. I think any time he spent with John Kahn was a party.

Here is a link to Tangled Up In Blue for you guys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILhXlJp2hqE&feature=related

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
I miss Jerry too. In addition to being a wonderful and truly original guitarist and song stylist, the man had a hell of an intellect, and he wasn't afraid to use it! (GRIN)

Thanks for reminding me Bilbal and everybody - I miss ya Jerry, Dana O.

Lintybits

thanks for the vid, I hadn't heard So Many Roads for a long time and forgot what a great tune it is :AOK

I still regret ditching the 95 summer tour after Highgate in favor of Phish

I've been getting into some great 5.1 DTS bootlegs lately. Just like being there!

I love the Egypt DVD's. There are some complete trainwrecks, but Jer's solo in Looks Like Rain...WOW!

jabhead

Fantastic. Jerry was an amazing vocalist IMO.

So Many Roads was always a highlight at latter day shows.

Standing on the Moon was another. Yeah I miss Jer too

haymaker

"didn't they play this song yesterday?"

long running joke between me and a non-dead liking friend of mine who used to come to shows with me for the 'experience'. Gosh I miss that joke....

NitroLiq

Never got into the GD that much in spite of the fact that I like quite a few jam bands but after 25+ years of playing, I finally sat and learned "Franklin's Tower." It's so infectious and simple...I couldn't get the chorus out of my head for days. Some decent clips of Jerry doing it up on the tube...fun to play along with.

Trending Topics