Jersey Devil V. Bigfoot Who's cooler?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by airwarrior, Feb 25, 2009.

Jersey Devil or Bigfoot? Who's most badass?

1. Jersey Devil

2. Bigfoot

3. Other (explain)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. airwarrior

airwarrior Member

Personally, I think the Jersey Devil is sooo much more bad ass. Doesn't help that the Pine Barrens are pretty much the most kick ass, most metal forest ever.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  2. GAD

GAD Wubbalubbadubdub

Gotta vote for the Jersey Devil, 'cause he's huge here. Our hockey team is even named for him.

GAD

3. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I'm scared of the Jersey Devil.

4. sixty2strat

sixty2strat Member

Bigfoot is just cool the big lug who lives out in the woods but the Jersey Devil in in cahoots with satan :now that a whole nother level of cool......like gary rossington vs Jimmy Page

5. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

The Pine Barrens just doesn't seem scarry. I mean, if you walk long enough you are going to hit a road, No? It's not like you are in the Pacific North-West. Although it seems like if you played your cards right you could probably reason with Bigfoot. The Jersey Devil, not so much.

Anyone read the book, The Tracker?

6. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

I don't think you can have this disscusion without mentioning the Dogman from Michigan or the Skunk Ape from Florida.

I believe. I don't even want to get into why. Too painful to relive those memories.

http://www.michigan-dogman.com/

7. cyguitar

cyguitar Member

I've got 4 words for you.....The Roger Patterson Film. Dude that is the real deal. Remember the horror films back in 1967. The best Hollywood costume people couldn't make a gorilla suit look that real. For those guys to have the foresight to not only make sure that 40 years later people couldn't find some sort of zipper or whatever, using computer enhancements. Also to give the thing breasts. Yes, that's right, the creature in the film is female. Look at it closely. http://www.sasquatchresearch.net/images/Pattyslow.gif

8. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

you do know that he came out and said it was faked right?

9. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

sixty2strat-LOL that is hilarious and conjures up such great imagery.

10. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

What about the beast of bray road in Wisconsin? Isn't that supposedly a werewolf or something?

I'm scared. Someone hold me...

11. Telecaster62

Telecaster62 Member

Are you guys kidding me? Everyone knows the Lizard Man from the swamps of South Carolina is the coolest monster. Heck, the locals made a ton of money selling t-shirts and other memorabilia and all three major news networks showed up to report the story. The kid that started it all was pretty convincing and it was obvious "something" scared the bejesus out of him. Then came all the dead animals and beat up cars and it got kind of weird.

12. cyguitar

cyguitar Member

Right up until his death, Roger Patterson swore it was the real deal. And Bob Gimlin, has said he was not aware of any hoax. If it was it would have been done by Roger, and to not tell him was stupid. He had a loaded rifle for protection. If it was a human in a suit, he could have killed him. Besides as stated before. Think back to movies in that time. You could tell it was a human in a suit. That still to this day, with computer enhancements, you can not find a zipper, a seam, anything. That is the real deal.

13. picnic

picnic Member

Back in the High School days, late 60's, we'd go drinking at a spot about 3 miles off the Atlantic Ocean in Brick Township, NJ. Undeveloped area at the time and on the edge of the Pine Barrens. Spooky, dark, desolate. Perfect place for underage drinking.

Going to see the Jersey Devil was code for you were heading out there.

14. rog951

rog951 Member

My in-laws live in that area and last time we came home to MD after a visit we drove through the pine barrens. I was surprised how vast the barrens still are today. Miles and miles of nothing showing up on the GPS.

We had "Big Liz" where I grew up. Headless ghost slave lady who you could summon by driving to a certain desolate place and then doing any combination of things with your car lights/horn, etc. I think she was supposed to be guarding a pirate treasure maybe?

15. BadAssBill

BadAssBill southofnash.com Silver Supporting Member

I may loose some cool points on here...but my dad has a great story about seeing a big foot. In fact, it was crossing the road/4 lane highway and nearly caused a pile up in Richmond. He said it looked nothing like the "photos" in the news, but had an orangatang look too it with long flowing orange hair, was at least 7 feet tall and oddly long arms. It wasn't just my dad...it was him, my aunt and my stepmother in the car. He said the thing was on the road for a good minute, looking down into the car that almost hit him, leaning on it. Then just strolled into the woods. Both sides of the highway had stopped, so it wasn't some peripheral vision individual sighting.

16. cyguitar

cyguitar Member

No cool points lost with me, I'm a believer.

17. duckbunny

duckbunny Member

[​IMG]

vs.

[​IMG]

Who cares?:D

-db

18. Voodoo Blues

Voodoo Blues Member

Ogopogo

Game. Set. Match.

19. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

Actually, the Jersey Meat Hook is the one I'm really scared of.

20. sixty2strat

sixty2strat Member

No this region was a hard core area for YES in the 70's so think that is more his style