nv3.jpg

nv5.jpg

ma1.jpg

ma2.jpg

Nuff said.

HK-47

:eek::eek::eek:

WOW!!!

the 1925 model is probably the most beautiful guitar i've ever seen!

there's no pricing info on the sie, but i'd bet they're very, VERY expensive.

thesedaze

supposedly this guy doesn't make more than a handful a year, if that...I think he prices them in the 10-20,000 range.

erksin

I remember one from a guitar mag article back in the late '80s/early '90s he made for Keith Richards (kind of a 335 looking thing) - Keith said he was too afraid to play it, so he just hung it on the wall...

John Catto

Wow, there's some amazing work and tasteful design there. I especially liked the Moderaire model. Makes me want to build something new ASAP, VERY inspiring.

ma5.jpg

DamianP

John Catto said:
Wow, there's some amazing work and tasteful design there. I especially liked the Moderaire model. Makes me want to build something new ASAP, VERY inspiring.

ma5.jpg

+Many.
I`ve purchased some wood for my next 2 guitars, but looking at these pictures I feel a bit inadequate.

,Damian.

P.S. John, I looked at your site. You`re not too shabby a guitar maker youself!:)

Scott French

Man, it's been a while since I've seen something new that really impresses me. There's some awesome detail work in there.

Trandy

Silver Supporting Member
John Catto said:

ma5.jpg

I love the art deco-ish look of the tailpiece, knobs, and pup mounting rings. Very, very nice work indeed.

MOJO

Andersonguy said:
Beautiful workmanship, however they look a little like furniture to me. :([/quotE

funny enough..thats exactly what i'm digging about them..
the perfect guitar for some Aristocrate's study or Library (with all that nice hand carved dark mahogany paneling and fuzzy red wallpaper)

55custom

That 2nd one clearly looks "super-vintage" - meaning, Old World. 16th/17th century Venecian, or thereabouts. Nicely done. Very impressive.

Go Cat Go!!

erksin said:
I remember one from a guitar mag article back in the late '80s/early '90s he made for Keith Richards (kind of a 335 looking thing) - Keith said he was too afraid to play it, so he just hung it on the wall...

As soon as I read the title of this thread I remembered that guitar from one of Guitar World's centerfolds. It was not as ornate as these but beautiful none the less. I remeber the article made mention of Keith's support of the small company luthiers.

torgeot

Joe used to do some great fret work as well as setups, many many years ago, I don;t know if he still does that. When I first started playing in the last 70's he had a space not too far from me and I got to see a whole lot of his work in person. I was way too young to appreciate it then. The guitars he builds are works of art.

rgsss14

Platinum Supporting Member
I wanted to revitalize this thread for a couple of reasons: One to point out that my pulse goes up every time I see a pic of one of these guitars; Two - to get more pics and maybe have the starter of the thread update the pics - they aren't there anymore.

thanks!

RvChevron

let's see if I can help.

ma1.jpg

ma5.jpg

ma3.jpg

ma4.jpg

ma2.jpg

Notice the lever switch, you don't see the mounting screws from the top, really nice touch!!!

I want one or two or three of these babies real bad!!!!!:drool:RoCkIn

ti1.jpg

ti4.jpg

ti2.jpg

sl1.jpg

sl3.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom