Jesselli Guitars

Neill

definitely a certain aesthetic quality common to both myka and jesselli.

the jesselli's look beautiful btw. i cant see them being anyting else but effortless to play and tone-full in general.

Macaroni

David - how was the playability of that guitar? Was it as good as it looks, which is incredibly stunning? Please tell us your experiences with it - feel, tones, etc.

David Myka

Ron,

I can't comment on the plugged in tones as I didn't have the time before the show got too busy. But I did get a chance to strum it a bit unplugged. The guitar was extremely responsive and lightweight. You wouldn't think so with an ebony and walnut body but these are semi-hollow guitars, at least this one was. The craftsmanship is incredible as you can obviously see and that same detail is carried through to the setup and fretwork. I remember the radius being a bit on the flat side (which I like) and was nice and playable. The stepped fingerboard binding did not feel odd at all. It felt smooth and comfortable. I remember that the overall tone was focused and detailed. It had a nice high end shimmer to it that I liked. The low end was tight and articulate. The ebony in the body seemed to function like they do in necks with a strong fundamental response. It had a nice dark tone that I like from the walnut guitars I have built. The only thing that I didn't like was the sculpted volute, but I don't like volutes so go figure. But it was sculpted perfectly. The man is obsessive about every detail. I asked Joe how many hours he puts into these and just about died! I hope to make it to San Diego this summer and hopefully FGC will have another one on display.

~David

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
Theyre extremely expensive right? Extremely as in you couldn't buy one to play it expensive.

airjamie

If you're the type that buys benedettos to play, then yes I'm sure you could. These guitars just dont strike me as the kind you take down to the bar for a gig though...the one on fgc is like 20k+

Macaroni

If I was rich enough to afford one, I'd take it to an occasional gig under the right circumstances.

Thanks for the update David.

triff3

David Myka,
I have to say that your guitar are as equally beautiful as any Jesselli guitar.
I'm astounded at your designs and quality.
Compared to Jesselli, your prices are a steal. Same quality and 1/4 the price.
That deserves another WOW!!!

DamianP

I would imagine that at $20K he would probably make more per hour nailing down floorboards.

Damian.

Trending Topics