Jester owners - what other dirt pedals do you love?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Zero G, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Zero G

Zero G Member

Just curious - I have a Jester and a Green Rhino, and I've got a Trombetta fuzz on the way. I'm looking to get another dirt pedal that's different than what I have, with little to no overlap, and that has the same quality of tone that the Jester has. I've been thinking of maybe something like a Zendrive, or one of the Rockett pedals (Blue Note, Animal), or Skreddy Screwdriver, etc....Oh and it should stack well with the Jester, too. I play a K-Line Strat into a Classic 30 FWIW. Thanks!

2. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

Other than a Jester a fuzz of some sort otherwise everything else kind of sucks in comparison.

3. strattitude

strattitude Member

I love my Rockett Blue Note.

Haven't tried a Jester but I have a Kingsley Bailey amp that I love.

But if it was me I'd spend the money on another amp than a Classic 30. A great amp makes the pedals sound a LOT better.

4. eric10

eric10 Member

I currently own a V1 Jester.

I also use a Blackout effectors Mantra OD, It's definately different.
    Jester is very organic and natural sounding, very "amp like".
    Mantra is more raw around the edges, more colorful, has higher gain too.
    But incase of dynamics Jester wins significantly, Mantra is pretty Dynamic too, but Jester is just too good.

I also have four fuzz boxs.
    Klinger Germ Fuzz Face, Swaptronics Silicon Fuzz face, retro Channel MKII fuzz, and a Morgan SHadow fuzz. Really there's not much comparison going on with the Jester, different kind of dirt all together, but I can say that they all stack very well into the Jester. Jester really makes everything sound better!

I am waiting for a Honey Bee and Fetto, wondering how they will compare with the Jester, so far it is very hard to beat, will post my thoughts after they arrive.

5. playthecray

playthecray Supporting Member

I have a Jester V1. It currently shares space on my board with a Skreddy Screwdriver Deluxe and an DLS MKI. All those pedals are complimentary and play nice together. The Zendrive became expendable once I got the Jester. I am also waiting patiently for a PTD Mini Bone. I was fortunate enough to participate in the tour box for the Mini Bone. IMHO, the Mini Bone is the best OD/Fuzz/Distortion pedal I have played. I did not want to give it up.