Jet City

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Dale, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Dale

Dale Member

Well, I have my main amps nailed down. I love my 5e3 from Richter. Killer as my main amp. For times I need more headroom my Fender Bassman LTD fills the bill. The 1x12 for my Gretsch 615 (supro/champ) covers my smaller main amp. So I picked up a few for more specialty applications. I do not look for expensive just to fill a slot. I have 4-5 cabs with different speakers in 1x12 and 2x12 open and closed. The Killer Ant does home quiet well. The Tweaker is a bit bigger and is a great general purpose head. It does recording well but allows more versitilty - it is my general need something to play any position. My C4 1x10 does the cleanish to moderate Marshall thing well for a NMV. I picked up an AC15C1 for my Vox sounds and it does a great job.

For a more 70's and 80's rick thing I ordered the JC 2112RC. It seems to do a pretty good job for those type of tones from the various clips I have heard. I am hopeful it will work well for that slot. I guess I will find out next week! Any love for these one trick - seemingly nice trick - inexpensive amps?

2. Dale

Dale Member

It should be here late tomorrow. I am ready.

3. aboutdrill

aboutdrill Member

I just picked up a new JCA20H and cab (half stack) for $296.00 shipped to my house.

Know what? I love this amp. I'm done with expensive boutique amps. When I think of all the money I've spent on expensive gear and now this - all I can do is laugh at myself!

4. Dale

Dale Member

The JCA2112RC came today. I let it warm up and I played it a bit very quietly as the kids are in bed. It sounded very good for that volume. I can't wait to try it at practice tomorrow.