Jetter Altair IV!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 62Tele, Nov 1, 2019.

1. 62Tele

62Tele Supporting Member

Did my first gig with an Altair IV last night. Sounded great! I’ve owned several of Brad’s dual pedals and this might just be my fave. Very amp-like and easy to dial in, touch sensitive, got some cool feedback in a controlled way. Not sure why this one seems to be off of the collective radar.

2. 62Tele

62Tele Supporting Member

Second gig even better. Even the cranky sound guy commented. Well done Brad!

3. jlectka

jlectka Supporting Member

I liked that one too. It has that Jetter “thing”. I did prefer it with single coils. You can get Jetter pretty reasonably priced these days and they are well worth it. The only one I’ve kept though is the GS124.

4. Thoughtpolice

Thoughtpolice Member

I've used the gold standard for the last few years and have been scooping up jetter pedals, in my opinion the are the most amp like pedals I've heard and stack incredibly well. Literally put the iv in place of the gold standard a half hour ago. Dharma drive on another board, sick. Looking at the monster next.

5. 62Tele

62Tele Supporting Member

Funny, the GS124 side of the Johnny A pedal I had just didn’t grab me - a touch too dark for my tastes. The Gold Standard was on my board for years, another great one.

Just AB’d the Altair with my V3 Timmy. The current Timmy is an excellent, versatile drive pedal, but it’s beyond me why Jetter gets so little attention while the Timmy has such a following. The Altair more than holds its own and in some ways surpasses. Will definitely be staying on my main gigging board.