Jetter Gear Gold content - video

Fusionshred

Silver Supporting Member
Hi guys! I recorded a home video pf me playing (first time... cheap digital camera...) and the point is that it is my Suhr standard through my Jetter Gain Stage Gold. i didn't really prepare anything so it's just me playing and there are some mistakes, but I hope you like it anyway!

Thanks!
Tom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJa_nVKDzNw

james russell

Gold Supporting Member
Good playing, and I dug the tone. What were your settings on the Gain Stage? Tone? How high on the drive?

Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to check out the GSG.

Fusionshred

Silver Supporting Member
Hi! Thanks for the compliments! The setup was Suhr Std bridge humbucker with tone rolled off to about 7 through Gain Stage Gold set on soft with tone at about 9:00, vol at about 11:00 and gain at about 3:00, into a Boss digital delay and into a Valvetrain 535 (basically like a Bassman with 1x12" and 1x10"). It was a fun experiment and I'd like to try it again with other guitars and settings.

Thanks for watching!

strattitude

The tone reminds my of Allan Holdsworth or Allen Hinds.
I like your playing when you don't play fast. The phrases are much more musical and making sense IMO.
When you play the faster lines the phrases become meaningless and loose their flow.
But you are a great player and I'm fighting these things too!

Fusionshred

Silver Supporting Member
That's an interesting comment and I agree with you. I used to play faster than that. When I start ripping, it's like going on auto-pilot. I've been trying to play more consistently intentionally - really trying to make some musical statements rather than just shred. Also, for some realon, I have something very strange going on with my right hand lately where I can't get the picking calibrated. I don't know if it's lack of practice or a vitamin deficiency or what.

The thing I love is the constant learning process and the concept that no matter how good you are, you can always be better. In this example, there are a few times where I think I executed a passage cleanly, and that makes me happy.

On a side note, I just found out how beneficial it is to do this. Watching yourself play on video is a great way to see how you are doing. In some ways, I see my playing as being better than I thought it was. In other places, I see how the idea I was going for didn't quite make it through.

Kenny D

I thought that clip was smashing!

Great playing, great tone.

I bought the Gain Stage Blue and use it in conjunction with a CeriaTone 50 watt Plexi and American Deluxe Strat. The Blue give a nice edge to the Plexi without being harsh or biting.

What made you buy the Gold over the other pedals?

drod2045

Silver Supporting Member
the link opens but the video doesnt start to play for me...i just keep seeing that the video is loading...damn

Fusionshred

Silver Supporting Member
Kenny D -

Thanks!!! LOL - The Gold was the third one for me! I got the Blue for the fuzzy EJ tones and then the Red for the LA Studio tones... but I wanted something along the lines of the Red but with more bite and gain and Brad said the Gold would be just that (which it is). I find that the Red is great at medium gain settings for a FR/LC tone and that the Gold has enough juice to do anything from that stuff to fusion to monster rock, at any volume level. The Gold is like your favorite super overdrive pedal with all the dynamics and quality of the rest of the Jetter line and it really fills in that empty spot sort of between the Red and Blue.

Trending Topics