Jetter GRISSOM Overdrive !!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ruger9, Aug 22, 2016.

1. OverDrivenGtr

OverDrivenGtr Supporting Member

I didn't expect it to have that much gain. I'd rather have more control over the mid gain tones than have a huge range that goes into fuzz territory. Might skip this one. I want a low to mid gain Marshall style OD with fat mids and nice bite. Sounds like the Dharma is still the one for me, just can't locate one for the life of me.

ruger9 likes this.
  2. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I have a Jetter Wildwood Traindrive that I just got early August and then the Grissom was announced! Really need to get this pedal....must buy.

Gonna need one to go with these...

[​IMG]

grapeshot and OverDrivenGtr like this.
  3. man_mars

man_mars Member

Anxiously waiting for clips !!!

4. OverDrivenGtr

OverDrivenGtr Supporting Member

We will probably get the obligatory demo from Mike Hermans (he tends to stay current with Jetter stuff) but other than that you may be left wanting. I asked Brad Jetter about demos and he said "It's a David Grissom pedal, what more convincing do you need?!" Huge turn off for me, I won't be buying it either way.

5. sshan25

sshan25 Supporting Member

While I like Jetter pedals in general (still like and use my Gold Shift) the GS 124 did not do anything for me at all.

6. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Hoping to have a Grissom clip soon. To address some of the comments here. Brad is a one man show. He even does the silk screening and shipping himself. Sometimes it's not feasible to have all of his pedals in the line at once parts wise. For example the Dharma will be coming back soon.

The Grissom and ZAP are slowly headed out to dealers. Prymaxe just got some special edition paint Zaps. Grissoms are available through me until dealers get stock.

7. turtleheadblues

Here's a live clip of David Grissom using it last night. Solo after 2 min mark.

8. wiltel24

wiltel24 Member

So what exactly is the concept behind the 'Zap'? EJ style fuzz face into a 'Marshall amp in a box' all in one pedal?

9. turtleheadblues

Exactly yes.

10. wiltel24

wiltel24 Member

Thanks, so it should work pretty good even if you can't turn up you amp very loud? Looks like they are available now, hoping to hear some more demos.

11. grego7

grego7 has left the building Gold Supporting Member

12. Seafoam Green

Seafoam Green Member

Sounds great, but then it's always going to with David Grissom playing it. I'd like to hear how it sounds when someone without his magic touch is playing it ;-)

Mike Duncan and grego7 like this.
  13. ruger9

ruger9 Supporting Member

yeah, unfortunately, between the fact that it's Grissom, and the cab is in the other room.... I'd like to see a better demo than that LOL

14. AndreasG

AndreasG Member

He sounds great as always, but IMO no different than when playing a Fulldrive, Klon, Plimsoul, Telos or whatever else he played. The pedal is for sure nice but doesn't make a difference soundwise. I recall an interview with him where he stated he doesn't really care much what overdrive pedal he uses as they all sound very alike

ruger9 likes this.
  15. ruger9

ruger9 Supporting Member

Surprised more people haven't jumped on this one. I guess the world just has too many drives to get too excited about any one, any more. I'm still very interested, and want to try one, but was hoping for more demos to get a better idea of what it can do...

David posted a quick demo by someone on his FB, but it's very short, and the guy is playing Grissom licks, so it sounds....like Grissom. LOL

16. 62Tele

62Tele Supporting Member

Most of us sound pretty much the same no matter what we're using. You could put Grissom up there with an Epiphone and a Pod and he'd still slay it.

Brad moves incrementally, and most of his stuff is pretty amazing at band levels. If he were to expand his tone stack, bridging his designs, I could imagine him making just a couple of pedals that could easily become classics.

17. ruger9

ruger9 Supporting Member

No more owners yet?

18. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I have one incoming.

man_mars likes this.
  19. ruger9

ruger9 Supporting Member

Check back in with a review... and a comparison to other drives you have/have had. There's still no good video demo of the thing. While I realize you'll never know until it's in your rig, it would be nice to get a decent demo... not Grissom, playing like Grissom, sounding like Grissom, thru the Grissom pedal LOL.

man_mars likes this.
  20. srt_dude

srt_dude Member

Buck Dharma has added one to his BOC rig. Buck is a long time Jetter user. He has used a GS3 and Purple Gain Stage forever.