Jetter GS 103

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Teleman76, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Teleman76

Teleman76 Tubes-a-glowin Silver Supporting Member

Love @MHermans video on the GS 103. Curious if he or @turtleheadblues knows the release date on it? Huge Hiwatt fan and this sounds like a great pedal.

PurpleJesus likes this.
  2. OverDrivenGtr

OverDrivenGtr Supporting Member

Really cool, I hadn't heard about this. Thanks for sharing, I love Jetter stuff. I'll be sure to check this one out whenever it is released.

3. rhythmicist

rhythmicist Member

Mike must have gotten one of the prototypes on this one. I am interested to hear more about this as well.

4. petty1818

petty1818 Member

I love everything Brad makes! I just wish he would slow down as it's hard to keep up with all of his new designs! This one does sound incredible. Hopefully there's a review or two out on it in the future. When the GS124 was released, there was a lot of discussion about it but since then the Traindrive and especially the BR1200 that followed have been kind of ignored.

5. Teleman76

Keeley is the one who's putting so many pedals out!! Geez it's almost daily with him. I agree, I like Brad's pedals and look forward to this one.

6. petty1818

petty1818 Member

Good point! The only difference is that Keeley has the marketing down a bit more so when a new product is available, everyone knows about it! I felt as though the BR1200 was pretty much ignored on TGP.

Charmless likes this.
  7. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

This seems very unique from what Brad told me. One knob does beautiful clean to hard Hiwatt rhythm to soaring dynamic lead. And it's very evident in the Hermans clip that all three are unique. Very interesting indeed.

8. Teleman76

Looking forward to checking it out. Was amazed at how much it helped Mike's clean tone! When is this going to be released?!

9. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

In a few weeks. I'm taking some pre-orders for the first units. Brad got an email from a store in Nashville that had a proto that put it up against a real SSS they just sold. Said it was very close.

OverDrivenGtr likes this.
  10. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

bump for interest, anyone else try one of these out?

11. rhythmicist

rhythmicist Member

There must not be many of these out yet. The only demo I can find is Herman's.

12. OverDrivenGtr

OverDrivenGtr Supporting Member

I bought one right off the bat when I saw it, I have tried and loved all of Brad's other offerings, I knew this one was going to be good. The thing about this pedal that really floored me was how much it added to my clean tone with the gain set very low. My clean is on the verge of breakup type sound, and the 103 adds this fat, smooth, singing quality to it. I always thought my clean tone sounded a little thin, but I thought I liked it that way. Until I added this on top. The gain-ier side of things is definitely in the British camp. The Hiwatt reference is adequate, it doesn't sound Marshall-esque, more round, more headroom. Clearer, more defined, less compressed. It is a really powerful sound. There is quite a bit of gain on tap, and it stays tight in the lows throughout. The 103 has more mids than the 124, a tad less mids than the BR1200. The 103 is also less saturated at full gain than the 124. Obviously though, that is because Hiwatt vs Dumble, two very different sounds.

And if you haven't heard someone else say this about Jetter pedals already, they shine the most at live volume levels. They sound good at bedroom level, but sound KILLER at gigging volume. I A/B the GS103/124 against other boutique pedals in the similar "genre" and honestly none of them have the width that the Jetters do. The spaciousness. It just sounds like the Jetter pedals take up more sonic space somehow.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Charmless likes this.
  13. Charmless

Charmless Silver Supporting Member

Danville, CA. Always looking for Carlsbro amps!
    Anyone still rocking a 103? I like mine a bunch.