Jetter Red Square (Red2) Where are the DIP switches??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by OverDrivenGtr, Jan 29, 2015.

1. OverDrivenGtr

OverDrivenGtr Silver Supporting Member

I opened up the pedal and don't see anything but the underside of the board. Do I have to remove the CB and flip it over to find them? Seems like a lot of work just to switch the order of the two sides. I can post a pic if needed.

2. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe Member

I can't remember for sure, but back when I was researching this pedal a couple of years ago, someone mentioned that Jetter discontinued the internal DIP switch feature after a few runs. I think the switch flipped the order of the two overdrives.

Brad Jeter is a cool guy and you can email him, he'll probably give you the reasoning and would probably install the switch if you asked him to.

I eventually settled on the Gold Standard, which is by far my favorite overdrive pedal.

3. OverDrivenGtr

Thanks ChicagoJoe. I must have the version without them. I love the pedal, the Helium side is a thing of wonder. Red side is so-so but with extensive tweaking, I've gotten some really great tones. I was curious about changing the order of the sides and seeing how I liked stacking them, but if it ain't broke then don't fix it right?!

4. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe Member

I searched around a bit to find the exact quote, but I only found a few people on TGP alluding to "hearing" or "reading" that Jetter stopped putting the switch in there. And usually there was a "don't quote me on this" in that statement.

Which is kinda funny when you write and post on the internet "don't quote me", but I understand what they mean.

So it probably wasn't too well publicized, but the current manual for the RED2 doesn't mention a DIP switch. Glad you like the pedal, Jetter's stuff is great, and man oh man, when you turn it up loud and proud, sounds glorious.

5. dlc1953

dlc1953 Member

Yes.Brad has said''discontinued'.Had both at different times and wasn't much difference.

6. OverDrivenGtr

Thanks guys. All I'm curious about now is the actual order of the pedals on my version Red2. Not that it really matters, but I'm wondering if the Red side runs into the Helium or vice versa.

7. mixn4him

mixn4him Supporting Member

Yes Red into Helium just like the pedal is laid out..

8. OverDrivenGtr

Cool, thanks for the clarification. Another question for people who are familiar with the Red2, is the Helium side tweaked from the original? I remember reading that the H side of the Gold Standard was changed a bit to better interact with the Gold side. Same deal on the Red, or is it just the straight up Helium?