Jetter Traindrive...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ridethatbike, Apr 9, 2015.

1. ridethatbike

ridethatbike Member

I'm strongly considering getting a Jetter Traindrive to serve as a bluesy to higher-gain OD. I have a BFE HoneyBee, which has it's own delicious sound, but I was hoping the Traindrive would be a nice alternative. I really like Warren Haynes sound (as most people do), but I'm not trying to exactly get his tone. I had a Slostortion at one point, and didn't truly like it for one reason or another.

My rig consists of a Nash S63, a R8, and a older Peavey Classic 30.

Are there any other pedals I should check out?

2. ridethatbike

ridethatbike Member

Any one? I know they are new but didn't figure they were that scarce.

3. mannyc

mannyc Member

i play through a peavey classic 30 i made into a head with a closed back 112 and ive had great bluesy success stacking an h&k tube factor channel 1 with an ocd v3. check out this clip, it's dan warner sitting in at my gig playing roadhouse blues!

http://youtu.be/UCUjg3O0anM

4. ridethatbike

ridethatbike Member

Nice! Sounds great but i kept coming back to Koch's demo, so I ordered one of these Traindrives. I had a nice email conversation with Brad Jetter as well, and will probably order one of the new BR1200's once they hit the street.

I'll post back once I get some time with the Traindrive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. petty1818

petty1818 Member

I would consider ordering the Johnny A. I believe it's a custom order but it's the GS124 and Train Drive in the same enclosure.

6. ridethatbike

ridethatbike Member

Yea, I saw that one and even talked to Brad about it. I think I like the BR1200 tones better though. Maybe I'm just not a Dumble guy. One of 2 I think.

7. ridethatbike

ridethatbike Member

Finally got the Traindrive. It is by far my most favorite overdrive pedal. Brad really outdid himself on this one. I would have to say that all the advertising about this pedal is true. I don't think I've ever heard anything like this before, and though I've never played a Trainwreck and can't compare the two, the tone is THERE. Two big thumbs up.