Jetter's best OD pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by creatorcreator, Dec 26, 2009.

1. creatorcreator

creatorcreator Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Kind of between the Jetdrive and the GSG, but really haven't heard anything but clips. I want something versitile, something that can handle rhythm and lead. There is something about the Jetter clips that I like.
    I've heard the smack about shoddy soldering, so I don't need to be "informed", unless you have actual experience.
  2. Bucksears

Bucksears Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Clayton, NC (just east 'o Raleigh)
    I've got the GSG right now and had the GSP briefly. If the GSP had more gain and treble, I would have kept it.
    Both worked flawlessly and are quality builds, AFAIC.
  3. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

May 13, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Haven't popped the hood on any of these...but from what I have experienced, Jetter makes some quality pedals. In fact, never really heard of the smack you are referring to. Regardless if it's true or not, the "best" Jetter pedal is a toss up. All the pedals are well built and have good tone...more so of a matter of what kind of sound you are looking for.

From what you mentioned between the GSG and Jetdrive, I can't say I've tried the Jetdrive but the GSG is awesome. It has just the right amount of smooth and compressed tones along as well as crisp sharp bite a la the Soft/Hard switch. Doesn't sound muddy at all when doing rhythmic work. So far it's my favorite pedal for more of those blues/rock type music.
  4. strattitude

strattitude Member

Jun 13, 2006
    I've had the Gain Stage Red for a couple of years. I never really got it to sound right through my rig, which is a tweed deluxe clone modded for max clean headroom.
    Recently, I just got my bright channel on the amp modded into a blackface channel.
    The Gain Stage Red through this channel sounds awesome. Now I have the dumble tones I always wanted from the GSR! The mids of the GSR apparently didn't go that well with the tweed tone which has more mids than the blackface channel.
    I had the GSR up for sale, but now I'm gonna keep it! It cleans up very well too!