JG Guitar Works new website up and running!!!

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by jakes guitars, Jan 28, 2012.

1. jakes guitars

jakes guitars Member

I have been kept quite busy last year over at Birdsong guitars, as well as having some other distractions, and spent most of my time fulfilling orders I already had, and even built myself a couple of guitars.
    I guess you could say I took a break. (it sure didnt feel like it!)
    I am now back up and running though, and taking orders for custom builds.
    The new website is to replace the old website I had that froze up on me, and I could no longer update. This time around I have help with the site, leaving me free to concentrate on building guitars.
    It is currently under construction, but there is plenty of contact info up there.
    Much like the website, I am keeping things simple this time around, concentrating on just three models, but one -offs will once again be available.
    Also in the works, As some may know, the humbuckers in most of my builds I wind myself. These will now be available for purchase on their own. (without a guitar attached, if you will)
    Aside from humbuckers, I am going to start winding other pickups as well. (still getting geared up for that..... I want to leave my humbucker station as is, and set up a new one for everything else.)
    The new website is under the same internet address.... www.guitarsbyjake.com
    Thanks for looking!!!
    Jake Goede
    JG Guitar works

2. jakes guitars

jakes guitars Member

Just an example of a customized humbucker! Birdseye maple veneer to match the guitars top wood![​IMG]

3. BT Scott

BT Scott Member

Great looking products Jake! I hope there is water your way this Summer. I can't wait to relax in the river!!

4. jakes guitars

jakes guitars Member

Thank you sir! Yes, the Guadalupe is flowing o.k for now, thanks to the recent rains!

5. jakes guitars

jakes guitars Member

Been busy around here lately, and Im getting around to finishing up a couple of prototypes.....This is one of them.....(and I get to keep it !)
    JG Guitar works HTC #1
    Notice it has a 2009 serial number....... It has been sitting unfinished since then. It was an idea I had, got halfway done with, and decided I did'nt like. Well, about a month ago, I decided to carve off all the parts I disliked about it, and it ended up looking like this. I am very happy with the way it came out, and it will become a new available body style.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. jakes guitars

jakes guitars Member

Major website update today!!!!!! I officially have the majority of my info on build prices, styles, and handwound pickups. Some things are still under construction as far as the site goes, including some of the pictures, but there is a LOT more content now.
    Up to this point, I have been having a real hard time getting my website up and running, but with some help from a good friend, It is coming along. Progress will be slower this time around, with monthly updates, as opposed to the weekly update I did on my first site.
    I am spending a lot more time in the shop these days, (I will still be quick to answer e-mails, and any inquiries you may have here) but a lot less time on the computer.
    The majority of my designs are undergoing some changes this time around, and there may even be some stuff to try out in the near future.
    www.guitarsbyjake.com go have a look and see for your self!
    Jake Goede,
    JG Guitar Works

7. jakes guitars

jakes guitars Member

Getting another batch of 6-7 guitars ready for inventory,...One will be a close copy of this old favorite of mine... my carved top model

[​IMG]

8. jakes guitars

jakes guitars Member

Spanish cedar body with spalted sycamore top, texas Ebony fretboard, maple neck,....coming soon!
    [​IMG]

9. jakes guitars

jakes guitars Member

Looks like Im moving my shop into the same building as Birdsong gutars! My shop is torn down this week, and getting ready to move. I should be fully operational again this time next week.
    Now there is more room to build, other luthiers on hand to bounce ideas off of, and its the same place I work anyway, so there is no commute between "Shifts" if you will.
    I see good things ahead, gonna have a lot more time to build and get some great guitars out!