JH-F1 Hendrix Fuzz Face trimpots?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Blues Jr, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Blues Jr

Blues Jr Supporting Member

I saw a thread awhile back that there were trimpots on the new Hendrix Fuzz Face. I just picked one up yesterday, and really like it so far. So where are these trimpots, and what do they do?

2. soulsonic

soulsonic Member

Don't touch them. They're for correct calibration in the factory. Not user adjustable.

3. socal63

socal63 Member

hes right, thats what dunlop suggests, they are calibrated by scope to certain specs... i, on the other hand have a JH-F1 pedal thats got a great distortion quality to it but wasnt quite in the pocket, so i adjusted mine to suit my ears... i have figured out that i will probably never find another fuzz pedal that could ever compete with this thing... my fuzzface search is over.

:AOK

4. Blues Jr

Blues Jr Supporting Member

OK, i can understand Dunlop not wanting anyone to play with those things. That being said, it's a nice option. I took a look inside and didn't see anything on the board though.
    Maybe mine doesn't have these trimpots?

5. ptdesign

ptdesign Handmade sonic art

The trims are on the underside of the board and are very sensitive (use care when probing).

6. socal63

socal63 Member

i flipped it over and re-bolted it back down. use a small eyeglass flat head screwdriver to adjust.

7. Fauxkinbacker

Fauxkinbacker Member

They set the bias of the 2 transistors. I think it's 1.72v on Q1 and 4.5v on Q2, both measured at the collector. Tweaking the values will change the sound quite a bit - www.geofx.com has an article called "technology of the Fuzz Face" that covers the voltage and bias issue.