• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

JHS 3 Series: Cool tones / Better Value

Nacho8807

Considering the recent episode on color of effects its curious these are all white. I feel like that's on purpose but I am a bit put off at buying a bland, obviously "cheap-looking" pedal when the comparable alternatives have some visual character. The flip side might be that these are like the "chalkboard" Way Huge pedals where you can color these however you like, since they are literally blank canvasses.

SubApathy

Silver Supporting Member
Considering the recent episode on color of effects its curious these are all white. I feel like that's on purpose but I am a bit put off at buying a bland, obviously "cheap-looking" pedal when the comparable alternatives have some visual character. The flip side might be that these are like the "chalkboard" Way Huge pedals where you can color these however you like, since they are literally blank canvasses.
I think that's why they're white. Josh wanted people to think of the color of effects...so instead of forcing the pedal color on the people, he made them all white.

@jhspedals.com
Is white an actual color though...

Nacho8807

I think that's why they're white. Josh wanted people to think of the color of effects...so instead of forcing the pedal color on the people, he made them all white.
Yeah, I just watched the in-depth look and alright, I guess I can get behind that. Pretty cool for the beginner market.

Raymond Lin

Yeah, I just watched the in-depth look and alright, I guess I can get behind that. Pretty cool for the beginner market.
Totally! It's a blank canvas, there is a space there for some decals and stickers, it's cheap enough not to worry about them, it's simple to use being 3 knobs.

Don't look at it from someone who has Strymon and H9 or Origin Effects but look at it from someone looking to buy their first pedalboard.

Fantastic idea.

Cornholio

Pretty smart for Josh to create a budget line. I like the sounds in the video, and I like the simple clean design as well. I don't really have a need for any of them, and my board is full. But you never know, my board has not gone even a year without something being kicked off.

I love the video. a handful of average, regular joe players doing whatever they want is a nice change from something super polished from a top tier player with a top tier studio. It conveys the sound of the pedal really well when different hands use it with their own guitars but all with the same amp.

Nice work!

PatriotBadger

I love this concept. Professional quality built in the USA stuff you can feel good about, without the 'You gotta be kidding me' price tag. Perfect.

If I didn't make all of my own effects (except analog delay, I'm not touching one of those) I'd snap up a couple of these.

Are these buffered or bypass?

Trending Topics